All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Flaming Eyeball

Can I arch text in Vinylmaster Cut?

OH!!! that tiny little blue arrow......wow.
  3. Today
  4. Just want to rule out the obvious - the blade is moving up and down, right?
  5. Ok so could really use some help with my Roland gs-24 cutter. I know how to use the cutter for decals and or shirts but never learned the whole registration mark thing. I called us cutter (where I purchased the cutter) and they didn’t seem very knowledgeable and sent me links to videos not only extremely old but not very specific to what I was trying to learn.. I’ve searched and searched and haven’t been able to figure out step by step the process as far as making an image with crop marks and after having it printed steps to make my cutter read those marks and then cut.. any videos tips or anything would be extremely helpful.. (you would think when you spend $2000 on a cutter they would make sure you know how to use all the features but guess I was wrong lol)
  6. Progess... adjusted the blade depth, force, and offset and now the corners look nicer, and more consistent. But the knife is still dragging a long cut from the resting position and into the intended cut path.
  7. Just looking at the cuts on your vinyl. you have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. Vinyl should not be lifting while cutting. Fix that first. This is correct way to set your blade depth. To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder. Using Cutting Master, your Command should be on GP-GL. Make sure it is. Sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. you only cut with the very tip of the blade.
  8. New user here, day 3 since getting a Graphtec CE5000-60. I'm sending cutlines through Illustrator CC and Cutting Master 4. With ever job I've sent to be cut, the knife drops right away as the head and vinyl move and advance to the starting point in the artwork. This creates a diagonal cut that runs from the corner of the media into and through the artwork. That line is not part of the vector artwork. What is the term for this, and how do I get it to stop?
  9. Dakotagrafx

How to save or convert .vdoc to .pdf

Does that feature in 10 preserve the vector information? Interesting
  10. slice&dice

SBE MH721 setup ?

OK, got it. Good reply, makes me glad that YOU'RE glad! Your tenacity paid off, going through all sorts of things to figure this out. There is nothing like the feeling of joy when a cutter that's been acting stupid just decides to start doing what it is supposed to be doing.
  11. PBR Allstar

SBE MH721 setup ?

Okay, Forget everything. I opened the driver file and installed the usb driver, fumbled through selecting different ports, and well I think I’m back in the vinyl game! Not sure what is up with the Serial port but I’ll just let it go for now. thanks again to everyone that has helped the last few weeks, especially S&D for the patience and detailed responses.
  12. slice&dice

Question on copyright infringment

Hmmmmmm, now you got me thinking, Skeetz, like I wonder what would happen if I went ahead and tried to sell SignBlazerElements through eBay!
  13. PBR Allstar

SBE MH721 setup ?

I tried taking a video of what it’s doing. 61880750096__65646ABE-3C29-42D0-A22D-2F1FB8E09B96.MOV
  14. PBR Allstar

SBE MH721 setup ?

I was just sending you a pm when you replied! LoL. the cutter head movement when I press “cut” Is the exact same as when I press “reset” on the cutter. It advances and reverses on the y axis, goes to the right stop on the x axis, then drops the blade for a split second on the z axis. It doesn’t have any relation to the size of the design selected to be cut. I’ve tried several different files.
  15. slice&dice

There is a feature in Windows (10 has it built-in, while 7 and earlier require a plug-in/add-on) that allows PrintToPDF which provides me with an option to "PRINT" (File Menu) .pdf and also save it as such.
  16. slice&dice

SBE MH721 setup ?

Hi again. Let's see if I understand you correctly. You have the cutter RESPONDING to your cut command, but the cutting head is not moving (x, z) and only the grit rollers (y axis) are spinning resulting in the vinyl going back and forth, ostensibly according to the design parameters. Can you verify that the movement of the vinyl appears to be consistent with the design? In other words, if you were indeed to obtain cutting head movement, does it seem like the design is being traced correctly, except for the x,z process actually not working? Anyway, if the answer to the above is YES, then something is preventing the cutting head from sliding along and also not lifting/dropping the blade. Let's see your reply to this troubleshoot attempt, and go from there.
  17. PBR Allstar

SBE MH721 setup ?

I tried, it does the same thing.
  18. MZ SKEETER

SBE MH721 setup ?

Choose the Redsail. Many use it for the MH cutter.
  19. PBR Allstar

SBE MH721 setup ?

Not sure why that pic posted horizontally. also, this is the 7.0 version slice&dice linked me. There is no option for the mh721 that I saw in the cutter menu.
  20. PBR Allstar

SBE MH721 setup ?

I feel dumb, it’s been so long since I set this thing up originally that it’s all foreign now. Got a new computer running Win7 Pro, SBE installed fine, all the previous problems that I had with work not transferring to the cut window, etc seem to have been resolved, now I just need to get the computer to talk successfully to the cutter! It seems to be working partially, as in not giving me any comm errors but all it’s doing is advancing and retracting the vinyl over and over again as if I was hitting reset on the cutter until the “sending output to cutter” status bar completes a couple cycles then it stops. I do have it plugged in with a serial cable now (previously I had a usb cable as the old computer didn’t have a serial port) thanks in advance
  21. Dakotagrafx

When I was doing printing for everyone my software bill each year was nuts, always updating flexi,illy, Corel, etc.
  22. sleeveofwizzard

Dakota, Thanks for the helpful poke in the brain. I left out the part where I exported the files to PDF and sent them. The vinyl guy said he couldn't open the files. I messed with it more now that I saw that you were able to save in PDF. I changed a few settings while saving and have resent the documents for trial. I will let you know the outcome. Thank you, Ted
  23. Yesterday
  24. bencooper@purelines.biz

FC8000-160 plot and cut are not aligned

That all makes a lot of sense. I’ll try bypassing the software. Many thanks both of you for your advice.
  25. MZ SKEETER

I don't know what you bought. It depends on what it is. Places like Vectorstock and a lot of online places sell the right to "use" the design, but you don't own the design. Some are sold personal use, some commercial use. You can go to sites like Brands of the World, which have many, trademarks and logos that you can download, BUT you only have the right to use them if you have permission from the company that they belong to. The owners. Just like on Ebay and a lot of other places which sell dvds with 800,000 logos. You don't have the right to use them without permission from each owner. Best to create your own original designs or buy the use of one from a legal business. People try and make a buck anywhere from people who don't do their homework. Inkscape.org is sold on discs all the time, and it is a FREE download.
  26. PM-Performance

So the SVG files i Bought on Etsy are technically illegal then? Man, everyone is gonna go down
  27. MZ SKEETER

You also, cannot take pictures of a trademarked item and sell them. A trademark gives its owner the exclusive right to use certain words, slogans, or images in commerce as a signifier of the source of goods. Trademarks are often registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, conferring nationwide protection. A trademark owner would not be happy with the idea that an unaffiliated person is selling calendars, T-shirts, or other products with its trademark. In other words, the mere fact that you photograph a trademark does not necessarily give you the right to take that image and reproduce it. This is particularly true if you intend to sell the items onto which you reproduce the image. Using a trademark is asking for legal trouble, particularly if the trademark is owned by a major company that is likely to police and enforce its mark.
  28. PM-Performance

So the thing is, he is just a guy who made some sihlouettes. Not like he is a company or anything. Again this stuff was avail on the internet easily. Looking back at messages now, a few years ago he messaged me and made me one of these designs over DM on facebook as a freebie. I never realized that was the guy and thought he just ripped the image off google and adjusted to my car. For all I know, he did. He never even said he made these. Just messaged me and made me a sihlouette of my car and never asked for money. Because when I tried to get more info to confirm he is indeed the owner of the design to throw him some royalty money he wouldnt answer any info. I think I went out of my way to show I had no ill meaning behind this. Dont market them or post them for sell anywhere. People know I have made some on facebook groups and reach out to me for them because I am active in the community. I do not sell any public places. Hell if I did, I might actually make some money with them.
  1. Load more activity