All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Im sure there is a way but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to create shapes and use angles to get the shape aligned correctly. For example i need to make a Rhombus with a 45* and at a size of 17mm high by 150mm long. Any one have any pointers or ideas how I can do this. Thanks
  3. slice&dice

The Coolest Weeding Tool EVER!

OK, as long as we're going to offer homonym PUNS, I'll chip in my suggestion!
  4. I'd probably start with figuring out how many hours per week you need and then asking them if they're interested and if so, how much would they need to earn. You might be surprised at their number, either high or low. They could be bored, have lots of time and not care about the money and want to just do it for a little fun money. Or they may not really want to do it, but if the price is right... Once you know what they need to make you can determine if it's worth it to you for them to do it. It's kinda hard to just give a number without knowing all the details and the P&L of your business like you do.
  5. RachelM

Certain letters don't get cut

And that solved one problem but this morning I looked back over the cut I made last night. Not exactly sure what happened here other than it’s treating this i separate from the other parts of the word. Any suggestions? I think I’m never gonna win with this design.
  6. ALEEZ

The Coolest Weeding Tool EVER!

After 4 years of usage,i can now guarantee that Fiskars 3 Claw Garden Weeder is best of all
  7. haumana

Gotcha! Yah, it's one thing to design just for you, but when you have to send out the file or share it with other apps, it gets to be more tricky. Glad you found the solution! Thank you for keeping everyone updated (because we feel like we're on the rollercoaster with you )
  8. I searched for an existing topic like this, but couldn't find one and since yall have been great with other Qs I've had I thought I'd bring this one to you too. Most of the time I can do all the work myself, but currently it's busy season, and I've asked the previous owner if they would want to do weeding for me. I cut, they weed and apply transfer tape, I package and ship. My Q: How much should I pay them per hour? They are super skilled because theyve done it for years, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't even do it as quickly myself. I absolutely can't keep up with the work myself at this time, and wholesale customers want things now, not after Christmas. I absolutely refuse to pay anywhere close to as low as minimum wage. It's insulting to them because their time is worth way more than that, and I don't want to run my business like that. So... any thoughts? Also, want to do it as a contractor, not employee, because... they are not an employee.
  9. RachelM

Thanks so much! I welded it in AI and abra-cadabra! all is as it should be again. Now if I could quick catch up on wholesale orders...
  10. RachelM

I have hundreds of different designs that are available in multiple sizes. I design them and save them as AI files but also need to have the ability to save them as jpegs, gifs, etc. I don't know if Flexi has those capabilities. I know you can design within flexi, but I was under the impression that it isn't comparable to AI. Since I have AI for other purposes I also use it for designing. I don't usually convert my type designs to paths/lines and rarely have a problem. Occasionally there is a design that has an issue but then converting to paths works. In this case it was already in paths and still had problems.
  11. haumana

I know nothing of Flexi, but can't you just do your layout in Flexi and not even need to deal with AI? Like the the others have mentioned, definitely weld prior to cutting, because the results suck if you don't. That was a lesson I learned he hard way.
  12. haumana

PrismCut

You might need to wait until someone form USC or an actual owner to chime in with an experienced answer. I would guess, based on price, features and specifications, that's it's a high end hobby, or a starter small business machine. Keep in mind that it has a stepper motor, so the level of accuracy is probably not on par with the Graphtec, but depending what you're cutting (or plotting), you might not need that level of accuracy. For that ballpark of money, I would probably kick in a little more the Titan. If you end up buying one, please let us know your thoughts about it.
  13. RachelM

I'll have to try the Unite option. As for the file version, I think a lot of these files have actually been saved to an older version, but not sure which one. (I purchased the business this year after doing their design work for the last five years, and a lot of the designs are from before I was there. ) It's not uncommon for me to never open the file up in AI, because I just drop it into flexi. And occasionally when I do open a file it will give me some line about legacy something that I've tuned out from seeing it so much, so can't recall the exact wording. Terrible I know.
  14. What version of SBE? Go to your "Help/About" menu and check if it's V7.0.0. If not, remove the program and start fresh. http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe
  15. RachelM

I was just cutting in flexi, from AI. The only thing I do in Flexi is adjust the size.
  16. Carmigirl

PrismCut

I have been doing a little research on this plotter. I’m looking for a backup. Use to using graphtecs but my question is is this a plotter more for hobbyists?
  17. Yesterday
  18. So I have been having nothing but problems with this fc7000. Granted I picked it up used but the thing works, just not well. Circles can be hit and miss. Say like an instagram logo with a name. First one is perfect, next ones are lopsided and transfers through the whole thing, not just the logo but reset and cut another, back to perfect. Also, the thing randomly speeds up once it starts cutting. Sometimes its right off the bat, will have speed set to 10 and it jumps to 35 once it starts. Other times itll get through a few cuts then all of a sudden, bam 35 and we are off to the fucking races. I cannot figure this thing out to save my life. Please give me some recommendations. All graphics are done in Corel X7 and converted to eps file to run through sign blazer and are running on a windows 10 computer. I tried using the graphtec controller to run on condition 9 but it will not save any settings such as speed or pressure so I am adjusting on setting 3 on the cutter itself. I don't mind the extra step but cannot figure out why it randomly changes. Sometimes it runs the whole thing on the correct speed, others it takes off. Any ideas? Anyone know where to get a copy of Corel X6 so I can just run it straight from Corel with their plugin instead? I am guessing its gonna be a software issue with sign blazer but don't know for sure. Any other suggestions on cut software to run instead?
  19. Wildgoose

I think you probably need to do a little more pre-cut preparations. Looking at your file all the script letters are overlapped and not welded together so they will cut into one another. If you are unfamiliar with AI the process would be to select any live text and expand it and then while still selected use the "Unite" option in the Pathfinder menu to weld them all together. If you needed to do any special kerning or moving of individual letters that would want to be done before the "Unite" (weld) operation. That process may have zero to do with your current issue. Other than the need to weld the file seemed ok when I opened it up. I would also maybe consider saving it off to AI version 8 which is an older legacy file format that is usually better for file transfer. There are lots of things in the newer versions of Illustrator that cause file conversion problems with simple cut files.
  20. mfatty500

Did you try to weld it in Flexi first, auto weld did not change anything in production manager, are you just cutting in flexi, from AI?
  21. RachelM

I've attached the file. And auto-weld is checked. 5291-Life is not about.ai
  22. This is the time to take advantage of USCUTTER pre-Thanksgiving sale. $200 off on Titan models. Also, for those who want to decorate things with symbols of the fall holiday, grab some WingDings -- And for those of us struggling to come up with a unique meal idea (instead of Turkey) -- You're welcome!
  23. kimberella

JII-61 Cutter Plotter

yes and yes
  24. MZ SKEETER

JII-61 Cutter Plotter

Contact your tech support tomorrow. Nothing more that I can add. Other then trying a different vinyl cutter cable.
  25. MZ SKEETER

JII-61 Cutter Plotter

Have you always used the Tripp-Lite Keyspan with this cutter? And you also have the null modem cable, that came with your cutter, connected between the Tripp-lite and your vinyl cutter connection?
  26. Last week
  27. MZ SKEETER

JII-61 Cutter Plotter

So do you have Com 3 selected in your LXI software set up? In production manager?
  1. Load more activity