GATOR

Production manager dont recognize my Plotter

I have the refine MH721 and I got my flexi sign to work. Now when i tell it to cut, the Production maager ask for my plotter and model, to choose from a list. the list doesn't include my Refin  or MH721. anybody know what a good substituteis?

thanks

Do I need to down load the  roland PNC1000 or just tell that to the program?

thanks

When you go to Add Setup in your production manager, select Roland as the manufacturer and then PNC-1000 as the model. Then tell the production manager which communication port you are using and you should be in business. If your Flexi does not list Roalnd in the manufacturers list, you may have a copy made specifically for one brand of cutter.

yeah its got the Roland Brand and PNC1000, Still not have'n any luck. do I need to downlad the PNC driver from somewhere?

What version of Flexi are you running... and how are you connecting your machine to your computer?

I can walk you thru the set up that I did... Works pretty much flawlessly...

Tater,

useing flexi7.5 and I'm using the serial port.

thanks for the help guys

Do you know which port that you computer is using to communicate with your plotter?

Open production manager in flexi..

If there are no plotters already in here, click setup, add setup...

for the manufacture, select roland and device select pnc1000

Click Next... you can change the name here if you want, i put US CUtter.

Click Next... Here, select the comport that your computer is using to communicate with the plotter..

the settings should be default... But ill go thru them

bits per second... 9600

data bits 8

parity, none

stop bits 1

flow control, hardware.

hardwires, checked should be dtr, rts, cts ... unchecked dcd, dsr

Click finish...

Ensure in production manager that the plotter that you just created has a check  mark (active) next to it...

close production manager.

Open a vector in flexi or just write some test text.

Select the cut plot icon... or press ctrl+L on the keyboard

a box will open, ensure that you have selcted the correct plotter, should be only one by default unless you are running multiple machines....

Click on the advanced tab. ensure send all colors is checked, and single panel, single job.

should work? Right?

If you are unsure which port your computer is using to communicate with your machine, post a reply and Ill help you get it. also, i assume that you have made succesful cuts using signcut correct?

yeah Thanks tater, at work right now but I'll try all that stuff when I get home.

I'm using com1 with the serial hook up..

Would flexi work better with the USB hook up or does it matter.

Once again, thanks to you and ken for all the help.

I hope I can help somebody in the ways you guys have helped me

G

Click on the advanced tab. ensure send all colors is checked, and single panel, single job.

If you do this, the plotter will cut all colors, not just the ones you choose.  Uncheck send all colors and now you can make a multi color design and select the color to cut from the right side of the cut/plot window.  The only time you would want to cut the whole thing is if it were all one color.  It that's the case, having send all colors unchecked wouldn't matter anyway seeing as how you're only dealing with one color anyway.  Frankly, I can't see a use for having send all colors checked.

Ross

You are correct Ross, however, were trouble shooting......

If send all colors is checked, then the cutter will respond to any color that is in the file...

Once we get it to respond, then we will go frmo there.

well, the computer I was useing just wouldnt run the production program the way its suppose to run. attached are a few pic of some of the setting and such. I pluged the ol refine into another computer with flexi on it and away she went . thanks guys for all your help. I'll be back for some more

G

post-872-12986512495189_thumb.jpg

post-872-1298651249558_thumb.jpg

post-872-12986512495959_thumb.jpg

post-872-12986512502359_thumb.jpg

post-872-12986512502656_thumb.jpg

post-872-12986512502946_thumb.jpg