IVGRAFIX

FLEXISIGN 8 VS WINPCSIGN

I'm trying to decide which program to purchase.  Just wondering what some opinions are.  I'd rather spend more and get more,  than have to tell a customer I can't do what there asking?  I was really impressed by watching the flexi demo but don't know enough about either software to make a good chioce.

I like Flexi better than anything I've ever tried,and it seems to be what all the pros around here use,that I have talked to. Flexi has their own magazine:

http://www.flexiezine.com/

Check it out,see what people on the forums are saying....

No idea about WinPC sign but I didn't care much for the demo version,as compared to Flexi.

You get what you pay for.

I personally, myself, have used both versions...

I'll Compare the probably highest version avaliable (FlexiSignPRO) to the lowest version of WinPCSign Letter version 12

There are only a couple of things that I can do In Flexi rather then WinPCSign...

What are the major features???

Vectorization...

Flexi is far better then the letter version of WinPCSign... But WinPCSign PRO is comparable to Flexi at vectorization...

Design and Cut Program all in one...

WinPCSign offers wysiwyg (what you see is what you get) cutting... With the ability to lay out images very close to one another to conserve vinyl... Flexi, However exports your design to production manager and there you can re-size it to fit your vinyl...

Full Text support...

WinPCSign offers shadowing, however, Flexi has a bit more features in regards to shadowing...  Both can outline any vector or text.

Both Support Digital Printing...

Both allow you to cut by color...

Both can arc text or apply to a path...  Good for like soccer mom decals and stuff...

Both Support inline and outlining of images...

Is Flexi a better program... YES...

Is it justifiable to spend Thousands on FlexiSignPro (retail price is $4,295.00) (on ebay for around $2,000.00 - $2800.00) for an entry level sign Maker... beings how most of these features are in a lesser priced product (I.E. WinPCSign):huh:  WinPCSignPro Version can be had on ebay for about $230 shipped???  I probably think not...

So those few features that Flexi offers you is costing you about $1800 more???

I Use WinPCSign for most, if not all of my work...

WinPCSign is a stable program and Ive never had any issues with it....

I suppose that Its a matter of prefernce...  I just know myself, that If i was starting out, I wouldnt want to spend that much money for flexi...

Yes, You can buy lower versions of Flexi alot cheaper... But all those 'basic' versions, dont have th features that WinPCSign PRO comes with Still Cheaper price...

Its your money... you can do what you want with it... but coming from an experienced sign maker... WinPCSign pro is really all you would need....

Hi

I've never used WinPCsign before, but have used FlexiSign for years.  I was surfing for some Q & A's and found LXi Expert on the SignWarehouse site.  It is manufactured by ScanVec Amiable (same company that makes FlexiSign).  I called and spoke to a sales rep.  They sell this under their name and it can only control a vinyl cutter not a plotter for 1/3 the price.  The screen captures I found in the Faq's are identical.  It might be a nice alternative.

Regards,

3DCarving.com

There is a better program out there, IMHO, that blows them all away...  At least in the ease of use...

For high end software it's a toss up between Flexi-Pro and Omega. I found Omega to be the most powerfull.  It's the AutoCad for the sign business.

Guest Terry

I use Omega, it's Gerber. But I still like the Flexi.

Guest Terry

I have problems with winpc if I drop in a eps or ANYTHING it ask vector, bmp, image, etc... And no matter what one I choose... Nothing shows up. I import ANYTHING in to flexi and it's there ready to cut.

I have problems with winpc if I drop in a eps or ANYTHING it ask vector, bmp, image, etc... And no matter what one I choose... Nothing shows up. I import ANYTHING in to flexi and it's there ready to cut.

Are you using Flexi Starter...or a different version?

Guest Terry

7.6 but am upgrading to the new 8 pro version.

Guest Terry

I would like someone to post an eps that THEY import in to winpc with no problems - so I can try it in my winpc.

I use both Flexi Pro and Winsign Pro like them equally.

Terry go to the cartoon post that skull you wanted is waiting on you.

That was done in Winsign.

Most any eps I import into Winsign works for me.

mark-s

Guest Terry

thank you, do you just go to import, and choose what when it ask?

Winsign: import-EPS,AI-VECTOR or BITMAP-Choose vector and it should be there.

mark-s

Guest Terry

Thats what I do, but only a few files open. It's like they are to large or something - you see the hour glass work for a bit then no image. Your skull opened.

That happens to me sometimes.

What I do is take it in to Illustrator and save it to Illy 8

Save as , and do it again.

Don`t know why this happens but I can get to work one way or the other.

mark-s

Guest Terry

That happens to me sometimes.

What I do is take it in to Illustrator and save it to Illy 8

Save as , and do it again.

Don`t know why this happens but I can get to work one way or the other.

mark-s

Ok, I'll save lower version. I only have the basic edition just as a side cutting program. Thank you Mark.

post-0-12986518451929_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986518452633_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986518453768_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986518473477_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986518474007_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986518474532_thumb.jpg

Basic still should work the same way.

I started out with Winsign Letter than a year later upgraded to Winsign Pro 14.

Then I bought Flexi 7 pro.

Been using Illustrator since 8, then got 10 and just got CS3 not long ago.

Still use the heck out of 10.

Use Corel since 5 now have 12 going to upgrade to 14 soon.

So between all the software it`s going to work.

mark-s