Sign in to follow this  
kctrader

Selling Wall Words?

If you are doing Wall Word decor, now might be a good time to contact your local gift / decor shops.  Gifts and Decorating Magazine is a national trade magazine distributed to retail gift shops.  They have a cover feature this month about wall word decor.  Here's a link to their website -

http://www.giftsanddec.com/article/CA6599884.html

Thanks for the heads up KC!! 

I haven't tried wall words yet...but I would like to expand to allow it.

Carol, that is great news!!

I hope to say that in the near future!! :huh:

I've heard of people have get-togethers, like avon style... invite a bunch of friends(and spouses) over to your house to show off some work... ask them to bring a friend or two, and hope that friend tells a friend for the next get-together.

There are at least three or four companies doing wall word home parties.

I've had good luck selling through kid's clothing resell shops.  I put together a simple brochure and gave them a few samples for their walls.  Also did some work for a local church.  They put Bible verses on their walls.  That brought in a lot of orders from the members.  (not to mention a few banner orders)

I'm selling them through my store ( http://www.athenschanges.com ).

Started out just putting lots of them on the walls to get people talking about them and before you know it, the orders started coming in. Now, in addition to the wall words all over my walls, I've dedicated a nice size corner to just the wall words. I put in a table and chairs, price lists, scratch pads, and calculators, and lots of pictures for ideas.

I've considered doing the party thing after hours to really speed things along, but I've got so much going since my daughter moved away that I'd kill myself if I tried now. Running this store every day is a LOT of work! And she's only been gone 2 weeks! I don't know what I'm gonna do....

Somehow, I will pull it all together, though.

LOL!

Carol

There are at least three or four companies doing wall word home parties.

I've had good luck selling through kid's clothing resell shops.   I put together a simple brochure and gave them a few samples for their walls.   Also did some work for a local church.   They put Bible verses on their walls.  That brought in a lot of orders from the members.  (not to mention a few banner orders)

Any chance you would share your brochure with the rest of us.

I found myself unemployed recently and am trying to cultivate some decal work while looking in my regular field.  I have never had to go market myself like this before.

Thanks,

Rod

keep at it rod, it will happen.be persistent and you may not have to worry about your

regular field :thumbsup:

regards  duke

keep at it rod, it will happen.be persistent and you may not have to worry about your

regular field :huh:

regards  duke

Thanks Duke!  I am working to make that happen....

Rod

Do you have an example of your brochure, kc?

The first one was really basic.  I'm in the process of updating it.  When I get it finished and printed I'll let you know.

I sold/installed one and even before I had my tools cleaned up I had people stopping in as they passed by. Gave out a card and possibly sold two jobs already from that. I think we are getting in on this at the right time, just big enough to not be a fad and not overdone yet. I am even marketing towards new and unique interior decor ideas. I hope it works  :thumbsup:

GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

If oracle 631 is used.  Will it come off without bringing paint with it?  (painted sheet rock walls).

I guess depends on how long it is on??

Thanks

Oracle 631 is rated to have a clean removal for up to two years. If the wall was properly prepped and painted you should be fine. If you are selling them and or installing them I would be sure to let the customer know this. Don't let yourself be liable for their improperly painted surfaces.

If oracle 631 is used.  Will it come off without bringing paint with it?

I've posted this before, but it's probably worth repeating. 

If the vinyl is in direct sunlight, the paint not covered by the vinyl can fade over time. When you remove the vinyl, the paint under it will be brighter and you will see the difference. 

There is an awesome website  myvinyldesigner.com  that has hundreds of quotes on every topic already made up and ready to download. It costs about $2 per quote to download, but it is totally worth the time it takes to design one yourself. Once you have downloaded it, it's yours to sell.

I'm not connected with them in any way, but I have used them, and have been pleased. My main business is wall words and craft shows.