Sign in to follow this  
greenmachine

Shipping items

Hi all,

I was wondering how you ship your work, example vinyl lettering 6 by 9 inches or 12  by 18 inches. Or a coroplast sign 18 by 24 inches. I was wondering how these can be shipped at a low cost.

Thanks for your replies.

greenie

I package up product myself....then take it down to the local printshop, they have fedex, ups, dhl pickups everyday....    fairly inexpensive, depends on how heavy and the size of packages......

The post office has a ton of free shipping supplies if you use priority Mail. 24" or 36" triangle shaped tubes. 11" x 15" Tyvek envelopes. Lots of different sized boxes too.

for the coroplast, I collect large boxes from Furniture stores,places like that...cut them down into 20x26" pieces, and just put one on each side and tape the crap out of it.

Banners and larger decals get rolled and use old vinyl tubes - most are heavy duty - just tape up the ends and you are set to go!

Always make sure to roll with the vinyl to the outside!

Go to the office supply store and but some 8-1/2 x 11 and 12 x 16 manila envelopes and put a peice of cardboard in with it.

For small to mid size decals I always go to the local Walgreens/Walmart/Grocery store, etc. and pick up some Photo/Document mailers.  They come in different sizes ; They are very rigid to keep the decal safe from bending and that way you save having to put any cardboard in an envelope etc.  Plus most of them are already marked DO NOT BEND! I can get these at my local grocery store for $0.88 and they are self sealing.  Drop in the decal and packing slip, seal it up, and out she goes!!  I have not found a cheaper / easier way to ship my decals and have never had a complaint from a customer about shipping damage.  :thumbsup:

On small stuff... I ask everyone I know to save any large envelopes,especially bubble mailers. I save bubble wrap,and get as much as I need for free at a local furniture store.

I don't do this because I am cheap...though it does inctrease the profit. I do it because I try to recycle everything I can.

When I do a job, I save the vinyl backing paper to wrap magnets and small stuff in. IT works great for that,especially putting a sheet between each magnet.

Re-using everything I can cuts down on my trash that I have to haul away.

Like someone else said,the cardboard tubes that the vinyl comes on are great too. Most of the 12" tubes(and the 15") are long enough to ship a set of car magnets it,rolled up. You can buy end caps for them very cheap. The 3" ones fit most empty vinyl rolls.

And it helps me get rid of them.

www.uline.com is a great place to buy shipping tubes and supplies.  Local office supply stores are much more expensive.  I suppose if you only need 1 or 2, then this wouldn't be a good resource.  I buy one size tube and cut them down if they are too big.