Sign in to follow this  
haumana

SB status? Inquiring minds want to know

Okay, so I admit that I'm oblivious to some of the details (actually all of them).

What's the deal with SB? The parent company was sold or did it go out of business? If the former, will the new owners still be producing and/or supporting the software that's out there?

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but is this all happening because Jerry is no longer here?

Ken - If I decide for some reason that I need another copy of SBE for a different computer, do you guys have the activation code on the CD sleeve, or is this still another register and wait for a code?

Marcus recently posted as much as he knows. I am sure that when he knows more,he will tell us.

I agree. I have two copies and are now worthless to me. When will there be real answers?

you've had REAL answers. They just didn't soak in. There is NOTHING US Cutter can do about this at this time. It is out of their hands. Why don't you just give it a rest? OR maybe try posting on the Signblazer Forums. It's their software,and their problem. Or better yet,sell your copy of Signblazer and buy Flexi. You've beat this horse to death.Several times.

For the rest of you who missed Marcus' post...the matter of Signblazer ownership(Since Jerry Bonham's death) is the problem,and last we heard was in the hands of the Australian courts.

Thanks for the clarification John. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or flog the dead horse. I just kind of fell off the radar a bit and didn't realize that there were issues with SB. I know that there's nothing that USC can do, but the forum members here are a lot more responsive than the ones on the SB forum.

I still have and use my SBE. It's what shipped with the cutter, so that's what I'm using. I just got my copy of Flexi in the mail and I'll be testing that out shortly (I hope). I don't have anything bad to say about SBE - it's the only software I know, and if I couldn't figure it out, then I try to hit the manual first before posting to the forum ... or at least I try to  :huh:

Mahalo everyone for being patient with me ... I know it's hard sometimes - or so says some of my friends and family  :-

Thanks for the clarification John. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or flog the dead horse. I just kind of fell off the radar a bit and didn't realize that there were issues with SB. I know that there's nothing that USC can do, but the forum members here are a lot more responsive than the ones on the SB forum.

I still have and use my SBE. It's what shipped with the cutter, so that's what I'm using. I just got my copy of Flexi in the mail and I'll be testing that out shortly (I hope). I don't have anything bad to say about SBE - it's the only software I know, and if I couldn't figure it out, then I try to hit the manual first before posting to the forum ... or at least I try to  :huh:

Mahalo everyone for being patient with me ... I know it's hard sometimes - or so says some of my friends and family  :-

Good morning , ( at least here it is :o

I fairly sure ( 100 % )  John was answering KnobHill's post ( there is a little history with KnobHill ripping SignBlazer & USCutter about the situation ) 

hang loose  :o , Rodger

thanks Roger...if Knobhill knew the difference between using a 'trial version' and running a legit version that you OWN in TRIAL MODE... he wouldn't have a problem.

Your more than welcome . I have ALOT of respect for you because of how nice & generous you are with your time & knowlegde . ( putting on my psychology hat ... ) I think KnobHill is of other culture & doesn't understand how he comes across as abrasive , or .... just doesn't care . seems to post according to his emotions . Feeling good , helpfull & somewhat nice , feeling bad , posts in a way that normal people take offense to . I have those same feelings/ emotions .. but I value others feelings & try to be courteous all the time ( well until the "game" starts ) . I hope this makes everybody think about staying courteous even when they want to take a sledge hammer to the cutter , software & computer  :huh:

regards , Rodger