andrewsjr56

Inverse cut - name? How to re-create - beginner

Sorry, raw newbie here. I was given a cutter but no software. I want to be able to re-create the effect below. Single color, inverse text top/bottom above a shape. No idea what this is called... Inverse mirror? not sure. What economical software can do this effect? VinylMaster Cut, SCAL? (itallic "TI" shown below for reference)

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 9.51.59 PM.jpg

What brand of vinyl cutter do you have?  Not all cutters are listed on different cutting software. Need a bigger,clearer picture.  

Inkscape is a free design software and in a pinch can be used to cut although it's not ideal for that.

Then try Redsail in Signblazer.   Go to Google and find the FTDI driver for whatever Windows you are using, install extract, run and reboot your computer.  Find the com port number in your computer device manager, must be 1-4.   Choose that com port number in Signblazer. 

22 hours ago, andrewsjr56 said:

Sorry, raw newbie here. I was given a cutter but no software. I want to be able to re-create the effect below. Single color, inverse text top/bottom above a shape. No idea what this is called... Inverse mirror? not sure. What economical software can do this effect? VinylMaster Cut, SCAL? (itallic "TI" shown below for reference)

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 9.51.59 PM.jpg

Is this something you are after?

668399153_ScreenShot2021-04-25at9_51_59PM.jpg.da179ae7838e5017901bcc69c2bd7955.pdf

Pretty much any vector editing program can do that. 

1. Create the black box
  2. Put text down, make it red or some other color easy to see
  3. Apply shadow to text
  4. Weld shadow to black box
  5. punch text through box

Step 4 will be a bit different for different software because you will need to separate the shadow from the text. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, andrewsjr56 said:

Yep exactly. Can SCAL (non pro) or VM LTR do that effect?

I am not a scal or VM user but I can try this thing in illustrator for you. WOuld you mind sending me the actual file?