HOMESTEADSTENCIL

CE7000/ CE5000

I am looking for input. I have been using Signblazer. for 13 yrs with no issues, LOVE IT! We have 5 CE5000's and all my files are designed in SB format.. Does anyone know if Signblazer is compatible with the newest Graphtec cutters as I would love to buy a newer one just to upgrade, but do not want to have to transform over 10,000 SB cut files to EPS to transfer to a different design program. If anyone knows  and has the settings  Please let me know also if you have a graphtec new version and use Signblazer I would like to send a piece of the material we cut 5 MIL mylar and a 7 mil  to do a test run to insure it will cut our product. It is a dense material so downforce has to be pretty good for the 7 mil

thanks 

Karen

14 minutes ago, HOMESTEADSTENCIL said:

I am looking for input. I have been using Signblazer. for 13 yrs with no issues, LOVE IT! We have 5 CE5000's and all my files are designed in SB format.. Does anyone know if Signblazer is compatible with the newest Graphtec cutters as I would love to buy a newer one just to upgrade, but do not want to have to transform over 10,000 SB cut files to EPS to transfer to a different design program. If anyone knows  and has the settings  Please let me know also if you have a graphtec new version and use Signblazer I would like to send a piece of the material we cut 5 MIL mylar and a 7 mil  to do a test run to insure it will cut our product. It is a dense material so downforce has to be pretty good for the 7 mil

thanks 

Karen

I can't speak to a CE7000, but it definitely works on my CE6000 Plus. I would say try it, because it really couldn't hurt.

For material that thick, you might want to consider multiple passes.

• Like 2

I'd also suggest you know that SB is not going to work at some point so save your files in eps formats so that in the future you can open them with something else.

If you do have to switch to a new program, you may have 10,000 designs, but how often do you recut them? Just keep SB around to open and covert the files as you need them.

• Like 4

Any design/layout of value that I have, I will habitually save it in .eps format, so I can be jumped to other design and/or cutting software.

• Like 2

always saved mine in folders by customer in eps so as I transitioned to different programs it was easy to import the designs - signblazer quit being developed 8 years ago when jerry died and it is just a matter of time till it quits working with new operating systems

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 12:14 PM, darcshadow said:

I'd also suggest you know that SB is not going to work at some point so save your files in eps formats so that in the future you can open them with something else.

If you do have to switch to a new program, you may have 10,000 designs, but how often do you recut them? Just keep SB around to open and covert the files as you need them.

I hope I can retire before " it won't work" I have it downloaded on every computer I own... in the event one goes... but have begun the process  the process of converting each one into also an EPS format for safe keeping... I would rather have my eye teeth pulled out with a jack hammer lol but it is what it is. 

Just me, but I wouldn't bother converting any till you know you need it and naturally any new designs I'd save in eps format.

• Like 1

OK sooo I know I am dumb to this ... I have transferred some to EPS format and tried to import them Ito my Corel draw and I cant see them as thumbnail pictures only the Corel log the thing... I have each numbers  which is no problem to use that , however seeing it sometimes is better and easy for me. any suggestions of input here.

I believe for EPS files to show a thumbnail in windows they have to be saved with the thumbnail option enabled. Not sure if SB can do that or not. The other option is to install a thumbnail viewer. I use a program called sagethumbs. It allows thumbnail views of several different vector formats.

• Like 1