Recommended Posts

So the new CELITE-50 is giving me a super hard time. It is a lot more complex then my old titan. I had called uscutter & they told me it was compatible with MAC so i bought it. Im starting to think its not, I got one pop up stating i need to get an update from developer & another on how its in 32 bit and needs to be in 64. Graphtec studio opens but i can't find cutter & then to boot i load some vinyl and it just won't read (clearly this might be me because i don't understand the whole "Align the left edge of media to specified position of guide") where is the guide ?  ... This came with no directions so i apologize if this is all ridiculous. I don't understand how the computer won't recognize the usb to the cutter. 

IMG_2643.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to follow the instructions in the user manual. 

The user manual is on the Graphtec site, just like it is for any Graphtec. Plenty of info there.  Graphtec will be your tech support.  They always have great support.   The soft wares also have their user manuals.   Time to read your manuals. These machines are very sophisticated.

These are the Macs that it is compatible with as stated in system requirements in the Specs. 

 Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.11 / macOS 10.12 (Sierra) to 10.13 (High Sierra) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked threw it & still explains nothing on how to get the driver installed to the computer.. still does not recognize the cutter. I did everything it calls for, turn off , reset, restart computer & download all programs before even connecting the computer to the cutter. I called uscutter they tell me its compatible & i called graphtec twice already and they keep sending me to someones voice mail where i left two messages and still nothing. (been days) I understand I'm not the only person looking for help but call me back at least after 48 hours.

12 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You have to follow the instructions in the user manual. 

The user manual is on the Graphtec site, just like it is for any Graphtec. Plenty of info there.  Graphtec will be your tech support.  They always have great support.   The soft wares also have their user manuals.   Time to read your manuals. These machines are very sophisticated.

These are the Macs that it is compatible with as stated in system requirements in the Specs. 

 Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.11 / macOS 10.12 (Sierra) to 10.13 (High Sierra) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess you will have to find a Mac lover,  most here are not.  We stay back on the older PCs XP. is till very stable and cheap laptops under $100, FREE ship.   Plus, have not seen another buyer of the CElite 50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your using  the Graphtec cutting software.  Do you have the command on GP-GL?   That is Graphtec language.  HP-GL   is for other software like Flexi, Vinyl master etc.   I removed the video I had up here.   You can search how to connect a Graphtec to a Mac in google. The info is out there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded Graphtec Studio, and Cutting Master. I chose the cutter in the Cutting Master application.

I don't remember the exact steps I went through, but I know that I didn't need to go into System Preferences and add it like it was a printer.

I can run it on my MacPro 4,1 on 10.10, via USB

I can also run it through parallels with Win7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So day 4 and still can’t get it to work. I tried everything and even spent and hour on the phone with graphtech support. It’s apparently something with the firmware and I can’t get off this page it’s been about an hour now and a video says it takes a minute or less ... I know it says don’t power off but i did because it just wasn’t working when I do that the machine won’t turn on so I can only get it into the firmware page (pictures to follow) ... looks like the CE will be traveling back home soon & it’s a shame because I tried EVERYTHING & it’s such a beautiful machine ... if any Mac users are out there and can walk me threw your knowledge I’d appreciate it. I’m not here to be spoon fed I did my research before and after buying,  the tech support even said there is a Mac video on there page ... guess what it’s not of the CE lite & I did what it said because it’s around about all the same for Mac (software wise) and I’m stuck on the do not off the power and it claims less then a minute and it’s been an hour ... so apologizes if I sound like I’m being lazy and begging for help but clearly graphtech is not as Mac savy as there own techs claim. 

On 4/28/2018 at 9:30 PM, haumana said:

I downloaded Graphtec Studio, and Cutting Master. I chose the cutter in the Cutting Master application.

I don't remember the exact steps I went through, but I know that I didn't need to go into System Preferences and add it like it was a printer.

I can run it on my MacPro 4,1 on 10.10, via USB

I can also run it through parallels with Win7.

 

On 4/28/2018 at 7:34 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

If your using  the Graphtec cutting software.  Do you have the command on GP-GL?   That is Graphtec language.  HP-GL   is for other software like Flexi, Vinyl master etc.   I removed the video I had up here.   You can search how to connect a Graphtec to a Mac in google. The info is out there. 

 

 

996DC284-E064-4B86-A011-633DEF97BB51.jpeg

3AAC0E22-86F6-484A-93F3-D7214CD033D8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

once you interrupt a firmware update I believe you will be  Scr&^*ed - without the firmware the cutter will not fire up at all - only prayer would be to run the firmware update again but so many times on any type of equipment if a firmware is messed up the mainboard is replaced to fix that - and that is why they say don't turn it off.   I would have called support back after 15 min of the update stalling so it was on them.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try and see if you can run the firmware again. If it won't go, or it starts and gets stuck, get in touch with Graphtec.

If it's just not happening, send it back.

Don't give up on Graphtec yet. It is a possible that it's just a weird one-off that you got a bad apple in the bunch.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, haumana said:

You can try and see if you can run the firmware again. If it won't go, or it starts and gets stuck, get in touch with Graphtec.

If it's just not happening, send it back.

Don't give up on Graphtec yet. It is a possible that it's just a weird one-off that you got a bad apple in the bunch.

I don’t want to give up on graphtech I’m just very very disappointed in the tech support ... there is no Mac videos but apparently it’s compatible the guy insisted I find it on the download page ... anyone of you can check it’s only for windows .. but I figured it out on my own and look what happened I might of just ruined the machine .. then again not my fault if they don’t even have a video out of the CE lite 50 it’s of 6000 so who’s at fault here I followed directions and all I had a cutter before this I’m not a complete noob. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

call Graphtec tomorrow and talk to them - they have great support  - I am not much help because Mac and me never gets mentioned in the same sentence since the 2 I tried.  couldn't convert myself and my current set up with the separate cutter computer works flawlessly for so many years

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graphtecs all set up alike.    Old and new.  Some just have more features than others. That cutter would set up like a CE6000.     If you look at the notes for  their drivers,  the same drivers run many different models and years of Graphtecs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had found a Mac video from a different Graphtec supplier.. Just search  setting up a Graphtec on a Mac in Google.  I cannot post it here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go borrow a PC with windows to do the update   Or download a trial of Parallels so you can run Windows on the Mac.  There is a 14 day trial available.  

From   Graphtec   

Published on Jan 30, 2018

In the rare chance that you need to update the firmware of the Graphtec cutting plotter, it is traditionally done through a computer with windows OS.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Go borrow a PC with windows to do the update   Or download a trial of Parallels so you can run Windows on the Mac.  There is a 14 day trial available.  

From   Graphtec   

Published on Jan 30, 2018

In the rare chance that you need to update the firmware of the Graphtec cutting plotter, it is traditionally done through a computer with windows OS.

Thanks skeeter I used that video and that’s how I got as far as I did ... it’s got to be the Mac I will probably just go buy a windows PC now,  at this point in time I’m learning as the more experience I get that Mac is just not user friendly ... I mean that in a nice way just more headaches then not. It has to be cutting master it says 100% and the machine just won’t do anything. Like I said it can be me but we’ll see I called graphtech again waiting on another call back. (Not to mention all the software that came with the CE lite seems awesome & I can’t use any of it because it’s pc based) Mac is just very basic. I will keep you guys posted so if someone else gets this machine you won’t be as frustrated as me lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the firmware update to the cutter? or does it appear it’s stuck in the update?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KDM_Freak said:

Thanks skeeter I used that video and that’s how I got as far as I did ... it’s got to be the Mac I will probably just go buy a windows PC now,  at this point in time I’m learning as the more experience I get that Mac is just not user friendly ... I mean that in a nice way just more headaches then not. It has to be cutting master it says 100% and the machine just won’t do anything. Like I said it can be me but we’ll see I called graphtech again waiting on another call back. (Not to mention all the software that came with the CE lite seems awesome & I can’t use any of it because it’s pc based) Mac is just very basic. I will keep you guys posted so if someone else gets this machine you won’t be as frustrated as me lol 

The video that I found had nothing to do with firmware. It was telling you how to set up a Graphtec on a MAC.  It had nothing to do with drivers.  It explained how to set up the cutter in your your printers, which is what you do. It's like ADD a printer.   The Graphtecs will show up in your printers. Just like this photo.  I am on Windows 7 on this computer. 

graphtec printer.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got your PM thanks skeeter I had done that prior to trying the firmware .. I only got the firmware idea because that’s what support stated is 90% of my problem most likely. I should have more answers tomorrow I wasn’t home when they called me back so I have an appointment set tomorrow so I can be in front of the machine while talking to support. 

6 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

PM sent

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

@KDM_Freak   what ever happened on this?  Did they get you going on your Mac?  Just curious  :blink:

No I didn’t. I had to return it .. graphtech contacted me back after a few days stating that they have no idea why there was an issue & so I called uscutter and they gave me a refund and I’m in the process of waiting on graphtec to call me back today on a CE 6000 - 60 .. my question is will this machine work on Mac after 10.2 OSX as it’s not stated in there specs. I believe mines 11 now. I considered getting a PC but honestly even a dedicated one isn’t for me I have an old dell I tried with the LITE and it’s just extremely slow and not worth it to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this