I have brought a second hand creation pcut 630 and I can’t get it to work with my laptop the cutter has only usb connection and when I plugged it in it’s says unrecognised device driver not installed I’ve tried different drivers still can’t get it to work I am using signblazer 

just noticed  you are from the UK - wonder if the creation p-cut uses different chipset there (can't imagine why they would be different though). the link I provided was for the chipset driver for the ones uscutter used to sell.   the p-cut uses a usb emulation chipset to communicate to the mainboard and that chipset driver has to be installed before it can work

here is the direct creation site for drivers - it list windows xp and windows 7 - I don't see windows 10 though usually the windows 7 drivers still work

http://www.creation.com.hk/eng/support.asp

If I install Arduino and Ink scape the plotter moves Randomly when I send the image to cut I can’t get it to move with signblazer it’s driving me mad 

Pleaae Please help im going Mad i Have a creation cr630 cant get it to work its driving me MAd

i downloaded signblazer and the fdti Drivers as its only USB connection but it will not comunicate with signblazer 

when i go to cut and select cutter there is only pcut ct630 and not cr630 ive made sure all the comport settings are the same in the programme

and the device manager. i watched a video on youtube which said use inkscape and Arduino  this is the link  below when i use inkscape and send the image to the plotter it just randomly moves and doesnt cut what ive sent to the plotter ive been at it for 2 weeks and really need help ive checked everywhere im using windows 7 laptop and tried on windows 10 laptop still the same results

uscutter hasn't sold the p-cut for years and the current UK version is quite different from the old p-cut many of us started with so our info might be a bit dated.  did the seller you bought it from have any info on setting up the plotter?  current drivers?  I am pretty sure the one 10 years ago worked with the roland pnc-1000 drivers but that may have changed over time

1 hour ago, Rob Beeson said:

If I install Arduino and Ink scape the plotter moves Randomly when I send the image to cut I can’t get it to move with signblazer it’s driving me mad 

what software did it ship with when you bought it ?  

try the pnc-100 drivers mentioned above to see if that works

did you actually see it cut before buying it?

With the device manager open and the cutter powered on, plug the cutter into your computer. Your computer will make the device connection sound and may search for device drivers. The cutter uses an FTDI chipset so the computer should install the FTDI chipset driver. If your computer does not react at all to the cutter being plugged in, there may be a block in the connection.

1. Try a different USB port on your computer (try all of them if necessary)
  2. Try a different printer cable (any standard USB printer cable will work, borrow one from another printer if needed).
  3. It is also possible that the USB port on the cutter itself has failed. USB ports are the number one service item for vinyl cutters.
  4. It is possible the internal wiring from the USB port to the motherboard has failed.

If your computer automatically installs an FTDI driver (some Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems will do this successfully) then proceed to use it. The FTDI driver will show up as a COM port under Ports (COM & LPT). In some instances, it may be necessary to use an older version of the FTDI driver. If your cutter has incomplete cutting then rolling back to a prior FTDI driver is a good first step to resolve the issue.

If your computer doesn’t install a driver automatically then your cutter will show up as an Unknown Device or possibly some other device. You will see the new device show up in the device manager listing. If you can’t tell which one it is, unplug the cutter from the computer and wait for device manager to update, the device attached to the cutter will disappear. Plug it back into the computer and the device will reappear. Do this as many times as needed until you find the cutter device.

If your cutter is an unknown device, you will need to install an FTDI driver.

than according to the instructions either the drivers need reinstalled, wrong drivers or possibly bad board if it still comes up unknown device.   I would first look for the most current ftdi drivers

• Thanks 1

Rob, whazzup!

Troubleshoot steps  to try ---

1. Use the SignBlazer v7.0.0 hybrid from HERE -  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

2. Choose RedSail model and perhaps Copam, try different ones.

3. Change the Com port manually to lower than 4.

4.  Did you actually see it cut before buying it?

• Thanks 1

On 20/03/2018 at 3:20 PM, slice&dice said:

Rob, whazzup!

Troubleshoot steps  to try ---

1. Use the SignBlazer v7.0.0 hybrid from HERE -  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

2. Choose RedSail model and perhaps Copam, try different ones.

3. Change the Com port manually to lower than 4.

4.  Did you actually see it cut before buying it?

Well the good news if  - if you got it for next to nothing you about got your moneys worth out of it :)   I always make sure I see a plotter run before purchasing used or the price goes way down

On 3/20/2018 at 6:30 AM, Rob Beeson said:

In Inkscape, did you try the different command languages? Most plotters use HPGL, which i the default for Inkscape. Might try the DMPL and see if it behaves any differently.

check the port the cutter was assigned to: Device Manager

then, if possible, manually configure the communications port in the cutting software - often times it might be set to "Auto" and that just don't work all the time.

I also recommend just doing a straight up cutting software like Sign Blazer, over using something that has a "plug-in" to send to the cutter - just cut out the middle man and use the cutting software for designing.

Hey Rob, i tried that but how did you select your cutter from the list - the ct630 doesnt appear there?