Sign in to follow this  
smoovlatino

Cuts across graphic randomly

I've been having a very annoying, and now, angering problem.  It seems the cutter, while returning to the starting position cuts across the graphic leaving behind a crisp and clean line of death on an otherwise perfect project.  At first, I thought it was the pressure setting, however, it is not.  I cut a graphic using the same .EPS file three times.  The first cut came out perfect (no happy slash across the graphic).  Both the second and third had the cut ALL the way across the graphic (diagonal).  What could this be??  :)

If you are using SignCut try clicking on Edit, then deleting all registration marks, weeding lines, and manual tiles before you cut. Also make sure you have the latest version of SignCut. It can be downloaded from our web site under Downloads, then Drivers.

What cause this could be a miss match in the communication.

What could help is to set down the baudrate to 4800 on both the plotter and in SignCut-X2

I've set the baud rate to 4800, however, last night I had the same problem.  It will cut the graphic just fine and then, at the last letter, keep the blade pressured down and return back to the starting point (cutting a straight clean line across the finished product).  I'm getting VERY frustrated as this is ruining a lot of vinyl.  Could it be the software?

Which programs are you using? Is this a Windows or Mac computer you are plugged in to? I assume you are using the USB connection by changing the baud rate, have you tried Serial or Parallel?

I'm using SignCut X2 and I've tried serial and parallel with no success.  The only connection that seems to work is the USB.  I was cutting fine before... now it is cutting diagonal lines across the vinyl randomly.  Sometimes it does it... sometimes it doesn't.

Do you have a copy of one of the files you are trying to cut? I would like to try and recreate the issue here.

Thank you,

Ken

I am having the same problem with my cutter and I am using artcut (lpt1), so I dont think its the software.  I think its a memory issue, since it doesnt happen when cutting small graphics.  Can the memory be upgraded on the MH721?

was this problem resolved?

how is memory upgraded?  will it resolve any problems or enhance performance?

Mine is doing the same thing!!! plus my machine the MH1351 is cutting parts of graphic and parts it is missing. I was also unable to get any port to work but the USB Port. The design is the same I have duplicates of same decals for a client that buys several of same decal. I have windows XP and is has the latest updates on it and I just bought the Corel X3 and have the latest updates on it as well. I was thinking it might be a communication problem also as it cuts one decal perfect and leaves parts out in another and different pasrts in another, and diferent parts in another. What could be the issue here? Also how do you make it cut out one decal then move to the next instead of it jumping back and fourth? I am cutting same decal but it goes and cuts out all of one letter then it will go cut out all the pieces on another part? I know this cuts into time and I know it would cut allot faster if it would cut one before moving to the next.

This could be an issue with the serial port baud setting.  Do you have it set to "4800"?

I have been having the same problem.  I have an MH721 connected via USB to a computer running signcut2X.  I have both the cutter and the software set to 4800 baud.  The first time this issue occured, I was cutting a relatively small graphic, but I set signcut to make two copies.  The first copy came out normally, but the second one had the cut across the entire graphic.  The second time it occurred, I had just cut a large 8 foot long graphic with no problems.  Then I went to cut it again, and it cut the graphic properly, but when it went to cut the weeding lines it began dragging the knife and making all sorts of cuts across the lettering.  Does anyone know what is causing this?

Could you attach a copy of the file you are trying to cut. I have an MH721 setup ready to go, and would like to try and resolve this issue.

Here is link to the file.  I consistently getting the result when I cut the tile with the words Fabulous opportunity!, and zoned commercial rural, simultaniously.  The cuts are through the first few letters of fabulous.  Everything works fine until the weeding lines, that is when the problems occur.

http://www.bayviewrealty.com/fileforsupport.sc

Any help would be appreciated.

I think it has something to do with the program the file was created in. Try cutting without the weed border/ lines as a temporary solution.

I have this problem as well.  Removing the weeding border helped somewhat but did not completely resolve the problem.  On a long cut, 72" x 4" I tried setting SignCut to make 2 copies and at the end of the cut the blade dropped and cut a slash from the end of the cut all the way home.  So, I tried cutting one at a time.  The first one cut fine but I got the "Happy Slash" on the second cut. Nothing changed, I cut the first one then told SignCut to cut again.  I reset the cutter and cut again with no problems.  I have also had problems on smaller graphics but removing the weeding border seems to be a work around for the smaller stuff as long as I don't try to cut multiple copies at the same time.  Windows XP, SignCut, USB connection with the latest drivers.  I design in CorelDraw X3 and send it to SignCut.  I don't believe this is a graphic problem because it seems to be more or less random and unpredictable. 

Last night I couldn't get the USB connection to work no matter what I tried so I now have the cutter connected via a USB to Serial cable.  I haven't tried the multiple copy option with this set up to see if this might be a USB/communications issue or not.

Also, when the cut is finished (with or without the slashing vinyl problem) and the blade is at the home positon, is the blade supposed to lift or does it rest on the vinyl by default.  I have to press the origin button to get the blade to lift after a cut so I can remove the vinyl.

When this machine is working right, it cuts great.  When it isn't, it sure does waste a lot of vinyl.

I just had the same problem with my cutter with larger, more complex graphics....I changed the baud rate on both to 4800, and made sure the cutter was grounded to the stand, and the problem got better, the cut across wasn't quite as bad, I tried slowing the baud rate down to 2400, I'll keep ya posted....Well that didn't work either.....Kinda does sound like a Memory thing...Also I am using the USB.....

Try the Serial connection on COM1 to see if that helps as well.

Don't think I can....Got a Inspiron 9400 notebook, and the cords sent with cutter won't work on it......I am trying to find some now online for it, but no luck yet

If you have a notebook, you might not have a Serial or Parallel port. If not, you could also try a Serial to USB adaptor which you can get for around $20 at a local computer store.