Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Temporary/Removable Wall Vinyl?

A new art gallery has opened in town and the owner is asking me for small vinyl numbers to be put on the wall to number each work of art, but they have to be easily removable and not damage the wall. He said they had something like that an NYC gallery he worked at.

Anyone ever cut anything like that?

Oracal 631 or Greenstart wall - You can layer the numbers onto transparent so they remove all at once. No need for transfer tape. 

• Like 4

And there is no risk of the square of transparent taking off the paint when he removes it?

Buster, if you layer on top of a transparent 631 square - no need to use 631 for the numbers right?

An interesting concept that I have saved for future use...

Cal

• Like 1

Both the 631 and the GreenStar wall vinyl will remove cleanly without damage or leaving adhesive residue. Everything assumes properly applied paint, etc. They typically state 2 years clean removal, but I don't see a problem with a longer installation.

As long as the base layer is 631, then you could put 651 or anything else on top of it.

• Like 2

And there is no risk of the square of transparent taking off the paint when he removes it?

As long as the wall was prepped properly i.e they didn't paint over dirt or grime - it usually performs well.

• Like 1

Buster, if you layer on top of a transparent 631 square - no need to use 631 for the numbers right?

An interesting concept that I have saved for future use...

Cal

Correct, you will have a better chance of them sticking with 651 - 

• Like 2