Primal Decals

Something new for me-Need a liitle info regarding oracal 631 wall vinyl and transfer tape

Im wanting to put some vinyl on my walls and for a new job i got contracted out for and i currently use greenstar medium tack transfer tape for all my other vinyl 651,751 etc. but i wasnt sure if it would work for the 631.will this be ok ? Thanks in advanced...

I've used the greenstar clear medium tack tape to transfer 631 to walls before without issue. I'd be on the lookout to make sure that the walls are not a flat paint though. Flat paint comes up & scuffs really easily.

Oracal makes an app tape specially for the 631. HT55 if i recall.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I've used the greenstar clear medium tack tape to transfer 631 to walls before without issue. I'd be on the lookout to make sure that the walls are not a flat paint though. Flat paint comes up & scuffs really easily.

Oracal makes an app tape specially for the 631. HT55 if i recall.

Good luck!

so i assume my regular transfer tape i have would work just as well then?, i dont need clear as of now, ive taught myself how to use the plain tape with no issues........Thanks buddy. will check it out.

I'd think so. Best way is to make a small test decal for an inconspicuous area to test first.

• Like 1

Primal you can get it done but it's not as much fun. HT55 is paper tape too (not clear) but specially formulated to help pull the matt finish (631) vinyl up off the carrier and still come back off the vinyl once it's on the wall with less effort. I have done it with regular app tape too. To tell the truth indoor application is for the mentally insane or people who are masochistic and love self torture. (This is especially true if the walls are textured and almost all of them are) Then you throw in all the new paints that are stain resistant which also just happens to mean adhesive resistant and yeah you got a recipe for a bad day. Typical install time for a single layer large graphic on signboard may be 15 minutes from initial centering to having the app tape off. Multiply that several times on textured walls and still have to climb back up every once in a while to press a few unwilling pieces back up. Not my cup of tea if I can avoid it.  

• Like 2

I personally think using anything on a painted inside wall other than Oracal HT55 is a recipe for disaster.  One man's opinion.

• Like 2

Why does regular transfer tape, have such a hard time transferring matte finish 631, but has no trouble transferring matte finish 751? Something to ponder?

• Like 1

The greenstar wall vinyl recommends the greenstar medium tack tape so it would probably work similarly with 631.

From the uscutter website.

"The recommended application tape for use with GreenStar Indoor Vinyl is GreenStar Classic medium tack application tape."