swooshstaff18

MH871-MK2 Refine MH Series Power Plug Problem

I think they used whatever color wire was cheapest that week. My heads spinning and it's not even my machine.

Thanks guys.  Got it fixed a few minutes ago.  Have still yet to hear from US Cutter about it.  Oh well.  I guess now I know just to post on the forum instead.  Instant response.  Anyone have any experience using the mask or stencil material with this cutter?  Work for spray paint?  

I think they used whatever color wire was cheapest that week. My heads spinning and it's not even my machine.

Yeah, jay, I feel yer pain.

I started this investigation with the basic premise that it wouldn't matter which line went where.

After all, I reasoned, the European plugs look like THIS ---  and they can be inserted into the round holes of their sockets without regard for orientation. Again, this is because the incoming current is alternating (a/c), reversing polarity at 60 cycles per second.

6ampPlug2pin.jpg

For most of my lifetime, American household plugs were the same basic concept, and insertion to the wall socket could be accomplished randomly, because there was no larger and smaller flat prong. Both prong blades were equal.

(here is an adaptor that takes European/Asian round prongs and converts to US/Canada outlets --- as you see, there is no differentiation between the two straight blades, and a person can plug it into the wall outlet whichever way they want)

mwFraA_jp7Dtcf0vGc_QFRQ.jpg

So, using this logic, the Chinese hooked up their wires inside the MH871 without regard for polarity.

Now, listening to dakota, I'm hearing that there SHOULD be a Live and Neutral polarity to be considered.

(although the Chinese have ignored that)

Thanks guys.  Got it fixed a few minutes ago.  Have still yet to hear from US Cutter about it.  Oh well.  I guess now I know just to post on the forum instead.  Instant response.  Anyone have any experience using the mask or stencil material with this cutter?  Work for spray paint?  

Cool.

Did you go with the brown wires (hot wire) hooked up to the L side of the plug as my MH-mini 14" cutter shows, or according to the scheme of the MH871 which uses yellow wires (hot wire), hooked up to the N side of the plug?

It will work either way, obviously, but dakota has said that it's better to have the hotwire attached to the L.

Cool.

Did you go with the brown wires (hot wire) hooked up to the L side as my MH-mini 14" cutter shows, or according to the scheme of the MH871 which uses yellow wires (hot wire), hooked up to the N side?

It will work either way, obviously, but dakota has said that it's better to have the hotwire attached to the L.

I did the brown wire to L.  Yellow/green to E.  and Blue to N.  So far so good.  Cutting some decals for my golf cart right now.  

Well at least your new one follows proper wiring colors for Europe and it has the hot wire switched as should be. That old one thogh is a head scratcher . On the old plugs you refer to befor the polarized two prong of today . . . Wth a lamp or simple transformer or motor it didn't matter as the cases were not grounded in any way. With today's two sized polarized plugs it ensures the live side is always connected properly (unless a consumer cuts down the neutral side defeating that safety device). I still put the question to someone at USC directly on that old one that appears improperly wired. Wil see if they respond and with what answer

I had the same issue.  My cutter would go on and off intermittenly and finally figured out it was the power plug.  I had to have someone take it completely apart and discovered that the part inside was shattered.  Not sure how that would happen but replaced the part and now it works fine.  Found the part on Amazon.

Hi I have had the same issue can I ask what did u do with the brown wire in the end that had the prong soldier on ? 

image.jpg

If your connector is broke, as it appears in the photo, you'll want to get a new plug should be able to find one at any electronics part shop, or pull one off some old equipment, a computer power supply would have one. The brown wire should be your live or hot wire, blue is the neutral and yellow is ground.

I believe this is the part,

https://www.newark.com/qualtek-electronics/703w-00-04/power-entry-rcpt-15a-250vac-qc/dp/17B6838?mckv=sT8uYV23K_dc|pcrid|81515568741|plid||kword||match||slid||product|17B6838|pgrid|20376566901|ptaid|aud-106011026661:pla-325659265801|&gross_price=true&CATCI=aud-106011026661:pla-325659265801&CAAGID=20376566901&CMP=&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjw6-_eBRBXEiwA-5zHaUWrWmyIDlQu9hebl5KTY6AOgNv-I5fVpkEB_GlXfNjIDp2WqXPd_RoCjuoQAvD_BwE&CAWELAID=120185550003161657