PhatStacksMIA

scal update

Aloha

I updated version 3 scal about two weeks ago and the next time i opened the program, it took thirty seconds to open ("looking up libraries")

I emailed them and they were no help. coincidentaly I also got an anouncement that i could upgrade to version 4 for a price.

perhaps the new version doesnt get hung up for thirty seconds.

I use dedicated computer, 16 gig ram, 3.8ghz chip with titan2 cutter.

Mahalo

Alohacy,

Actually the new SCALP4 version has been giving me a good 1min. lag to open. The older versions were a hit or miss, some days the program would open quick, other days not. But the newest version seems the worse. 

you just got SCALP3 recently ? i just got my new cutter with SCALP3 about a month ago and found out that scalp4 came out and they wanted money for it,So i wrote craftedge an email about the lag issue and that the fact i wasnt told about the new SCALP4 release and i got a return email with SCALP4 with the serial for free, It might be worth a try for you to do the same or anyone ,It worked for me atleast lol...

• Like 1

Aloha

I updated version 3 scal about two weeks ago and the next time i opened the program, it took thirty seconds to open ("looking up libraries")

I emailed them and they were no help. coincidentaly I also got an anouncement that i could upgrade to version 4 for a price.

perhaps the new version doesnt get hung up for thirty seconds.

I use dedicated computer, 16 gig ram, 3.8ghz chip with titan2 cutter.

Mahalo

I have had the same problem since the latest update to version 3. It takes forever to open. It must be a coincidence that the update that caused this delay was released at the same time as the new version.