ROBERT WOOTEN

Prepping multi layer decal to be applied face first to glass !

HELP PLEASE !!!   I'm new to the vinyl sign business and feel pretty dumb at times like this. I am working on my first multi layer decal / sign to placed on the inside of a glass door, and be readable from the outside..  I've searched for video's / tutorials with instructions on how to apply the layers so that the decal can be applied as a single unit. I know how and have cut the layers in reverse. I just need to know the best way to assemble the 4 layers properly.   

Best way is to layer it right on the window. Add registration marks to your design to align them. If you try to assemble it beforehand you will end up getting bubbles.

• Like 1

Best way is to layer it right on the window. Add registration marks to your design to align them. If you try to assemble it beforehand you will end up getting bubbles.

Thanks Jay2703!

... also, you're may wanna consider putting it on the outside of the glass, not inside.

Ultra violet issues as well as building it backwards is an unnecessary burden.

• Like 1

here is 4 layers 

I actually watched this video earlier, however I didn't realize it was for a reverse application.  The text in it didn't make any sense to me.  Thanks Mz SKEETER !

... also, you're may wanna consider putting it on the outside of the glass, not inside.

Ultra violet issues as well as building it backwards is an unnecessary burden.

I agree with you 100 % skarecrow. However the customer wanted inside, and I've already gotten all the vinyl cutting finished. Also it is about 3 ft. wide and almost     4 ft.tall.And adding to the situation is the fact the colors of the decal are not what I normally keep on hand. I went to a suppose to be friend in the business and had to pay out the butt for the vinyl I needed. ThaNKS FOR THE SUGGESTION , I will know next time, and will take heed,

• Like 1

You can use the light coming in the window to help align the layers. Run tape across the middle and apply one half at a time.  

• Like 1

You can use the light coming in the window to help align the layers. Run tape across the middle and apply one half at a time.  

Thanks Jay2703, That may work out, most of thevinyl is already cut in half due to the fact that I only have a 24 inch cutter, and the project is 3 ft. x 4 ft.  There's a little more to this business than this 57 year old disabled Auto .repair tech. had thought. But I still enjoy it .

4 layers on the inside of the glass. 

I hope you're not OCD like I am because you're not going to like the outcome. 

When I know the outcome isn't going to turn out like the customer thinks it's going to come out then I turn the job down.  

• Like 1

Thanks to all you guys !  I'm gonna get off here and go do what I have to do. This Missionary customer has been waiting too long already.  THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE !

4 layers on the inside of the glass. 

I hope you're not OCD like I am because you're not going to like the outcome. 

When I know the outcome isn't going to turn out like the customer thinks it's going to come out then I turn the job down.  

That's pretty much the way I am (OCD),  and if I had the Knowledge I've learned on here in the pas 30 mins. I would abort the mission like you said. But I've gone too far and spen way too much money(over paid for supplies) . And that wouldn't be an issue back when I owned my Tire and Auto Shop those 20 years. But this old boy is living from day to day money wise, and not doing very much living at that. I will try to be fair about it and offer the customer an option to go outside with it for only my cost of supplies.

Many areas prevent lettering on the outside of the glass in the zoning (codes]. Don't know why but I've ran into it several times