Sign in to follow this  
LPWash

Question on tshirt design

How would I go about getting a design like this onto tshirts?  I would need about 20 of them.  As of right now, we have only done heat transfer vinyl. We have a small 13" Epson and have done a few jet pro soft stretch images onto tshirts.  But I don't like how they feel.  Maybe it was our design, but it had a heavy plasticy feel to them.   We are "just now" dabbling into screen printing, but self teaching is a long haul ahead.  I'm guessing maybe looking into transfers?  If that route is suggested, will an image I have from an online picture work  to send them?  Could this possibly be done with Siser easy weed?  I tried a late night separation on my SCAL software, but with the gradient blend, it didn't turn out well.  I'm going to continue trying to turn it into an SVG file, just for good practice.  Any help would be appreciated.  

post-13201-0-60034400-1410841197_thumb.j

you can make that out of vinyl if you have the ai, svg. it would have to be done in 3 layers but you wont get that gradient blend. it will be a solid grey

Here's a late night 2am attempt.  Not top notch, but I'm coming along leaps and bounds from where I used to be I think. 

post-13201-0-90614900-1410847430_thumb.j

I don't have any file.  I just used a pic sent to me.   I added all the shapes one by one.  

if you don't like the feel of jpss after a couple washings you are not going to be happy with much other than sublimation shirts that have no feel or "hand" whatsoever  

When you used the jetpro did you peel it hot or cold? It's way more plastic feeling if you peeled it cold. Other than that I agree with Scott sublimation is the only way you're going to have no feel