sneer63

Application fluids/NEED HELP PLEASE!

Please I am new to this sight and am not sure if I'm in the right place for this question but give me time to get used to the way things work in here..I am new to all of this and struggle daily to understand why when I follow instuctions to the tee on any of the products I have puchased that thay have not yet worked for me and end in disaster....I have up to this point been applying the decals dry,and making careful preperations to my surfaces before application but have not been pleased with the final results...Bubbling/pealing/curling under/stretching,etc..Are just some of the problems I'm experiencing..I have since puchased two application fluid products(SURE GLIDE) AND(SPLASH) And followed the instructions on the label and yet when I do so every time I go to remove my transfer tape after waiting the instructed amount of time so too does it remove my decal I have yet once to have this work for me...Am I using the wrong transfere tape(I'M USING THE CLEAR) So I can see what I'm doing..I have used different vinyl brands and thicknesses with the same results..Can somebody please give me some good advise on this matter before my head explodes!

never use clear app tape with wet install - it just won't work - switch to paper tape

• Like 4

Yep. Clear tape is probably your culprit on the dry install too. It just allows a little too much stretch. Paper is best and I prefer High Tack most of the time. I hate to tell you this but bubbles come from poor squeegee techniques. I'm not some guru in any way but the results I get after a few years of practice compared to when I started out are surprisingly better. It seems like such a simple thing but turns out there is a true art to it. I hope someday to be considered good at it. For now I am content to be sufficient. Read and study everything you can get your hands on. Watch videos and practice.

• Like 2

never use clear app tape with wet install - it just won't work - switch to paper tape

Having learned this lesson the hard way, I can confirm it to be true.  You will never get all the fluid out from underneath clear tape.  Plus, with paper tape, you can spray the back side of the tape after you've let it sit for a minute and the fluid will help the tape to release from the substrate and leave the decal behind.

• Like 6

I hate to tell you this but bubbles come from poor squeegee techniques. . . . . It seems like such a simple thing but turns out there is a true art to it.

If I had a dollar for every customer who came back and asked me to re-install their self installed graphics . . . oh wait, they paid me again anyway, lol.

Parctice, practice, practice. Laying down graphics in essence is a very simple process but it takes time to learn the behavior of the vinyl when you do different things to it, and how different surfaces will accept the material.

I recommend learning how to do dry installations (not on a paying customer job) because there are certain materials out there that you just cant install wet.

lots of good videos on youtube. you're going to use up material to learn but its far better to practice behind the scenes, than to get to a job and not know what to do in front of a customer.

• Like 2