eddieb378

clear vinyl

Can some one tell me the purpose of clear vinyl?I got a roll of it in a oracal starter pack and was wondering what the uses are,Thanks

I think you can print on it with a solvent printer and do things like printing text instructions and then cutting out the sheet to apply to an object. 

I have read where some use it on the front of vehicles, to stop paint chips from stones...keep tar of etc.  paint protection.

Thanks guys I got a whole roll and have no use for it

No... you have a whole roll and you haven't found a use for it yet...

It's a great way to laminate printed paper without a laminating machine.

I've cut intricate designs to install on the back of a cell phone case and then covered it with clear vinyl to keep it from rubbing off in a pocket.

I've used it to laminate over autographs on 3D objects - notably some old school Nintendo joystick controllers that were signed by various video game celebrities at a video game conference to keep them from being rubbed off while the controllers were used.

You just need to think of it as something other than "transparent decal vinyl" and you'll find uses for it.

It can be used as a chip/rock guard on the leading edge of vehicles, but I wouldn't recommend using Oracal 651 or 751,  you'll definitely want something stronger like one of the specialty vinyls designed for that purpose.

P.S. I asked the same question when I started cutting vinyl a couple of years ago...