HDN

Hydrographics

Hydrographics,, last week a fellow list member posted a pic and talked about hydrographics. Gan that person shoot me an email or a text.... I have a few questions about HG .. 

Sorry to post off topic 

David

battleaxe61@gmail.com

Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

I am moving forward with this. It is a perfect fit for what i now offer, Thanks for the link

I am just getting into water slides on vinyl .

This is an awesome process I may try it myself.

No i havent...but its on my list of things to invest in.

Any idea what the chemical is they are using that is sprayed on the decal after it's placed in the water ?

I looked at those kits a few days ago. I left with mixed emotions. I have been hitting the videos this guy seems to answer a bunch of questions in his videos. I am going to build a tank in the next week or so.

So far I have found two suppliers who have answered my questions in a professional manner

I wonder if you could use regular waterside paper, the key is most likely the chemical they are using to break down the transfer material. 

I'm sure you could find a MSDS on the waterslide then see what it reacts to. If they are using tattoo grade waterslide then I would assume it's something mild like acetic acid as I believe these are gelatin based. 

The topcoat appears to be some type of acrylic. 

No facts here just me thinking out loud. 

If I can answer any questions about hydrographics, let me know. We've been doing it for about a year and a half. Learned alot in that time! We have a small video on our website, shows a couple of things being prepped, dipped, etc. also in our gallery theres pics of skulls, helmets, guns, ice chests, different things we've dipped. Our website is: www.h2o-hydrographics.com. If we can help, let me know! Anna

• Like 1

Anyone know if there is a hydrographics film out there that is printable with an eco solvent printer?

If I could get film that I can print myself on like a 30" roll I would be all over this stuff!