Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

Blade not Lifting, MH721

Not sure if some settings were messed with or not but turned my little guy on to cut and now the blade will not lift up. Not when turned on or off or loading or unload or even when cutting. It is cutting my items perfect except you can see many additional cuts where the blade should of lifted and the vinyl shifted to its new spot. It's like writing on a piece of paper with the pen never leaving. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. 

If the Z-chip isn't the problem, you'll have to look into either a mechanical failure (electromagnet in the carriage) or a motherboard problem.

The electromagnet can be tested with a 9-volt square battery attached to the wire leads inside the carriage housing.

How do we replace the Electromagnet? When moving the arm up and down it makes a dragging noise and it makes a rough cut. if you put a little press on it moving it out it moves freely. It seems either the Z chip helped a bit or when we replaced the (slightly cracked) arm the dragging isn't as bad but you can still see all the movement lines of where the arm should be lifting up and starting the next cut but just drags across the vinyl. 

hi, sorry to tell you this but my cutter was doing the same and it was the main board 

Mine to.. I had to replace the whole board