Sign in to follow this  
jimmyespinosa

Just can't cut with a brand new 60° blade!!! HELP!

Hi everyone... Sooo yesterday I bought a new Roland 60° blade for reflective vinyl cutting. First of all, I had only used 45 deg blades before; second of all, this new blade comes with some kind of retaining ring WHICH the girl from the store told me NOT TO REMOVE. Here is a picture I found online of the same blade: ZEC-U3100

11oWsaz-fDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Note: I have an MH721

The OTHER thing is that, no matter how I adjust the blade offset, it just keeps making awful cuts, incomplete and rippled in some parts. I've tried changing pressure, speed and everything else and it doesn't work; nevertheless, my old 45 deg blade works just fine!

Now look... I kinda figured out that the blade isn't rotating 100% freely inside the blade holder, it kinda 'rubs' the housing's little hole where the tip comes out. I think that drilling a SLIGHTLY bigger hole in the housing could solve the problem, but I don't know if it might affect something else.

I also tried removing the retaining ring and there were the same results. PLEASE HELP I don't really think this is normal and that blade cost me around 40 dollars here in Mexico and I can't return it to the store.

I have NEVER seen a blade like that - don't think it is really a roland blade so specs could be off and causing problems

According to the Roland website,  That blade has a 1.00 blade offset. And Roland has different blade holders. 

ZEC-U3100 60*/1.00 Offset Blade, 5 ea. - Thick Materials 

You probably wanted to get this one. 

USA-C160-1 60°/.10 Offset Blade, 1 ea. - Thick Materials $22.69

Here is a list.

http://www.rolanddga.com/products/cutters/gx24/accessories.asp

You have the wrong blade. 

Call Ross @ Clean cut blade and order the correct blade. 

DO NOT modify your hold to fit the wrong blade.