motoxchic

What would justify a 16x20" press size?

What is the largest width you generally go with a full size (say oval) graphic on the back of a tee or sweatshirt? And, is there anything else you might do semi-regularly with a 16x20" you could not do on a 16x16 or even 15x15?

My 15x15 does 99% of what I need and if it is bigger I just press, shift the shirt and repress. As far as the oval question 10-12" is usually max for me unless it's requested to be bigger.

Jay is correct I have the 16 x 20 and find it might be a llitte helpful when pressing the big transfers such as some of the ones Art Brands Sells...

This was on a 5xl shirt

post-2057-0-44862000-1390915142_thumb.jp

If you get into sublimation there are a few things that I think would justify a larger press.

How much of a price jump. If close in price I always go bigger never know when you will need it

This is always my first thought too!

I’ve pressed a logo that was 5in tall by 55in long with a 15x15 press no problem.

That is awesome, didnt even think of popups!  Good to know, but I will definitely have to search some how to videos for that process, lol.  Trying to figure out how you got it straight.

My 15x15 does 99% of what I need and if it is bigger I just press, shift the shirt and repress. As far as the oval question 10-12" is usually max for me unless it's requested to be bigger.

So when you shift do you have to worry about repressing an small area twice...like where it would overlap?

Thanks for the input, that helps.  I really dont have room for a super large press, but could make it if it was justified.

With siser repress part of the design twice has never caused me any issues. My next press may be a 16x20 but more likely because of the stuff we do with dye sublimation and not really anything to do with shirts.

• Like 1