Sign in to follow this  
Cutterchini

Sorry everyone - SC vs PCUT

Hey Everyone,

I realize this is the most common thread on here - "what cutter should I get?" I am looking to upgrade from my old MH series. Just getting back into the swing of things, so my budget is pretty small. I was looking at the SC series and the PCUT series. I have not found anything on here that really helps with my question. I realize both are beginner cutters, and both would handle what I need them for.

My question is, what are the differences between the two? Has ANYONE on here used both? I have not found anyone who has used both models. I notice the SC series has a greater max downforce, but that's really the only difference I can find on the site. Dont need contour cutting either, but those 2 benefits are on the cheaper cutter. Does the PCUT have better cutting resolution? A better motor? Is it quieter? Made of higher quality materials? Any info between the two models will greatly help make my decision. Everyone says get the best cutter you can afford, which would be the PCUT, but not worth spending the extra $180 or so if the SC is just as good.

Thank you! And again - any info will help.

You will easily recoup your extra $180 on the very first job you perform, and the Creation is clearly a better machine all around.

This is the claim from USCUTTER:

"No other quality import cutter comes close to the PCUT in fit and finish."

Also, the Pcut is supplied with a catch-basket as part of the deal, and you'll be glad to have it.

I would keep the MH, do a few more jobs and save up for at least the Copam. In my opinion, the MH, PCut and SC cutters are all about the same quality and build.

• Like 1

I have to try on of these expensive cutters, I just did 80 shirts on the SC and it was fantastic. If the expensive ones are so much better, I have to try one.

I started with a PCut and I currently have a Sign Warehouse Enduracut+. Worlds of difference between them in the detail that you can cut. And quiet, I couldn't hear myself think with the PCUt. I'm sure a Graphtec or Roland are even way ahead of my cutter.

I started with a PCut and I currently have a Sign Warehouse Enduracut+. Worlds of difference between them in the detail that you can cut. And quiet, I couldn't hear myself think with the PCUt. I'm sure a Graphtec or Roland are even way ahead of my cutter.

jay isn't that a gcc cuttter rebranded?

jay isn't that a gcc cuttter rebranded?

It is and it has the servo motors so it's a great cutter. Still not a Graphtec.

I just sold my P-Cut last night. I will miss it to tell the truth. I absolutely LOVE the new cutter and wouldn't trade it back but the old unit did just great. Yes it was noisy and slow and tracked crappy but it got the job done just fine and on 90% of the work the final product was the same results. The other 10% and the ability to cut super small and really long and many hundreds of copies at once are the main reasons I switched. That and I just wanted to have a nice cutter, like someone wants to own a Mercedes sports car instead of a chevy. Just money and I guess a little bragging rights if your into that sort of thing. 

I just sold my P-Cut last night. I will miss it to tell the truth. I absolutely LOVE the new cutter and wouldn't trade it back but the old unit did just great. Yes it was noisy and slow and tracked crappy but it got the job done just fine and on 90% of the work the final product was the same results. The other 10% and the ability to cut super small and really long and many hundreds of copies at once are the main reasons I switched. That and I just wanted to have a nice cutter, like someone wants to own a Mercedes sports car instead of a chevy. Just money and I guess a little bragging rights if your into that sort of thing. 

So what NEW cutter did you get?