gcextreme

Hydrographing Kit

It does look interesting, but the constant misspellings on the page (Universial?  Secounds?) drove me crazy.  Also, $69 for one meter of camo film (and all the aerosol products) seems crazy expensive to me.

Seems like an awful lot of work to do something that could be done just as easily with a wrap, and probably be less prone to scratching, too.

Hydrographics is far superior to a wrap. Problem is cost and so many are doing it it is very specialized. Kits can be had everywhere for less than a 80 bucks. The big thing is figuring out the formulation to print the graphics which is one of the greatest secrets in the graphic printing world right now. It is one of them fun to dabble in things and you might make a few buks but to seriously do it large scale to compete with pricing that is out there you would have to turn a large volume and it would take a large investment. It would be like putting up a copy and print center to compete with vistaprint. Yes there is money there but need large scale to make it. 

Well that site has 3 kits, one for $69 one for $99 and one for $169...so not horribly spendy...

I would just want to do small things like my radio bezel in my truck and my overhead console and maybe cell phone covers....and stuff like that..

well, at least trying it out will give you an idea of how well or hard the process is - might be a good thing to try

I business I follow on Facebook American Specialty Ammo just purchased a hydro dip setup. It looks awesome and I want one. Check out this video of the guy dipping his hand in it.

post-12577-0-17507100-1366353514_thumb.j

This thread has made me hit youtube...... I am now very interested in trying it out..... on what I don't know but I gotta have it.