gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

Hey guys my name is glenn. I am a web developer and graphic designer. Im looking for a simpler vinly plotter cutter at least 28" or 31-34" for making my own custom decals and selling a few online in some forums...

I have Adobe CS5 that has photoshop and illustrator and more.

I have been designing stuff and having my local shop make them...but i want to do it from my own home now...cut out the middleman.

Im looking at a few Signwarehouse vinyl express cutter series and some us cutters series on ebay...

Im not sure which to get...help me.

Thanks..thats helpful. Do u recomend the SC or the MH series?
I want to cut out basic words and logos like this.

WP_003182.jpg

WP_003622.jpg

WP_003183.jpg

most I have read, say the SC is a better built machine.   Any cutter will cut those.  It's just that the value cutters take more patience to fine tune in.  Value cutters have less memory, and more patience for tracking. They all have stepper motors and are loud, They are not smooth and quiet,  and great tracking like the servo motors of a Graphtec or a Roland.

Glad to have you here, Glenn.

The cutter itself is only one part of the equation. You'll need other accessories and materials, such as the vinyl itself & app tape, which (depending on how much you order) can cost a few hundreds of $$.

The SC is the way to go, it's more "robust" than the MH.

I've used both.

Get the 34" if you have the room for it.

Maybe i will get the 34" SC with stand?

I know i will have to spend more on supplies...theres alot on ebay...would u recommend buying the cutter and/or supplies from there?

Like i said im a web developer and graphic artist and want to extend my business a bit to help my customers advertise and sell stuff on online forums....im a member of several online forums and have been selling stuff for the past two years and had my local shop make the graphics and sell them to me at a small discount.

I just want to cut out the middleman and save trips to town to go go that shop...and do stuff in my own office.

Will my adobe illustrator work? I normally email the shop the files in .eps format made from illustrator...

Thanks for the welcomes and the help!

USC has the best prices I have found . I buy Oracal 651 from them . $9 shippping on all material orders & most all equipment ( some LARGE stuff costs more ) . Only time I buy elsewhere is when buying 3" etc rolls for 1 line of text ... or if I don't plan ahead & run out of something & need it that day . 

cool thanks for the link.

there are a lot of bundles on eBay would you recommend any of those?

If you want to see how some of this equipment works and the difference between some of the machines come on over, My shop is in LP. Couple large format printers, Mutoh and Mimaki for solvent, Epsons for Dye. Including whats in the back maybe 10 various working and not working cuters including, seikis, SC series, a Roland, Graphtec FC-8000 and a Summa D-160

Yeah sure...are u open on saturdays? Otherwise i can maybe come out on a friday evening.

Normally yes, But I am out Fri and Sat for a supplier open house in Rogers this weekend.

Thanks for all the info guys.....im going to keep looking..but think im going to get the 34"SC with stand....but im going to wait a week or two...save some money for materials and stuff too..and get my office room organized and ready for all this stuff..

Im also going to meet up with mopar691 since he lives so close to me and has a shop and business of his own..he can walk me thru and help alot..

But one question i need answered is will my Adobe CS5 collection be useful with this cutter...specially Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop?

I do have Adobe Illustrator....its included in my Adobe CS5 Master Collection...i just asked if that would work in my previous post...

I do have Adobe Illustrator....its included in my Adobe CS5 Master Collection...i just asked if that would work in my previous post...

Yes, it will work, as you need a vector program. I answered it.  Photoshop is not a vector program.  That was your question Illustrator or Photoshop?