gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

do a search on how many peole are sorry they bought a graphtec - and the same or any other value cutter

How do i search that..lol.

Are u saying there are people who regeret buying the graphtec?

Ok so the graphtec only cuts 23" but will do 30'feet long...

So u can just turn your lettering/numbering from horizontal to vertical correct???

I think dakotagrafx was implying that the number of people who regret buying a Graphtec is very close to zero, whereas the number of people who regret not having spent the extra for a Graphtec is much higher.

It is entirely possible to be 100% happy with almost any cutter that US Cutter sells - it all depends on what will fit your needs and how much time and effort you're willing to devote to getting it all dialed in and working.

Yes, the Graphtec will cut up to 23" wide, but as you pointed out, you can run your design through lengthwise so you can cut designs up to 30' in length by up to 23" in height - and you can tile larger designs together if you ever need to cut something taller.

OWjones and Dakotagrapfx, you both have the graphtec ce5000 Correct? :huh:

How much did you pay for it, more than this $1395 sale price???

Can u show me some examples of your work and about how much u charged for them?

I have been reading alot on many forums...and pricing work seems to be an issue...some people dont charge enuff and are losing money in materials...etc..

If i am going to get this graphtec ce500 and spend $1400 on it and then another $500 on some startup materials... i want to get stuff started up right the first time and charge enuff to make a profit..

I believe i have enuff potential clients and customers and can make some money from this to justify the graphtec.

There are like 5 companies in town that do vinyl work. 2 of them mostly do car wraps and big signs, police cars, etc..

The other 3 do just signs and banners and custom work.... and all of these companies are always busy!!

The one that i go to and have them cut my stuff, the lady says she has so many big projects its hard for her and her 4 employees to do the smaller stuff..and she would gladly send the small stuff my way!!

These 5 companies are in the big city, about 15 miles from me.... i live out in a small town, and by 4 other small towns, with lots of small town companies and businesses... so lots of potential customers out and about.

Well i just got off the phone with Ordway Sign Supply....and ordered a Graphtec CE5000-60  for $1395.....

A bit more than what I originally wanted to spend for a cutter... but hopefully i wont regret it.

My next payday is Thursday...and I will order some materials, vinyl and supplies.... will also look for a basket for the cutter...

I have been saving up some money for a suspension lift kit for my truck... had to dip into that fund :( 

But the way i see it, this is a good investment and if i work hard at it i can double or triple my investment!

I just hope all of you guys (and gals) will lend this newb a hand here and there....

you won't be sorry you got the better cutter.  here is an example of what the graphtec can do

soa mug was sandblased for wife and me - not for sale

post-2742-0-32884100-1363461886_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-65521500-1363461918_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-84225000-1363461972_thumb.jp

reverse weed the vinyl - apply to mug - sandblast - remove- masking- wash just used regular vinyl I had

that cool....wonder if thats something i can do... i have a sandblaster cabinet at work..lol

Can someone point me a link to a good vinyl starter kit with vinyl and etc..

theres alot of stuff on ebay... does anyone buy stuff off there?

stay away from most ebay sellers, jripper would be an exception -= have bought app tape from them and no problem.  stay away from starter kits - you end up with inferior stuff and stuff you will never use - just takes one of those items to make the rest cost more than just ordering what you need

so no starter kits...but what about bundles of vinyl rolls??

Or do u buy them individually?

i just dont see anything much on uscutters site or am i overlooking it?

personally I stay away from store brands like greenstar - look at the pros like skeeter - never use the store brands.  on the clear- i seldom use it - paper is the only way to fly - again check the old timers.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR? Look OK? any suggestions?

Product Name Part # Qty Price Ea. Total  

ORACAL 651 Intermediate Cal Vinyl 24" x 10 Yard Roll 
Color 010 - White  ORS6512410 $20.99 $20.99    

Color 032 - Light Red  ORS6512410 $23.99 $23.99    

Color 070 - Black  ORS6512410 $20.99 $20.99    

Color 086 - Brilliant Blue  ORS6512410 $23.99 $23.99    

Color 068 - Grass Green  ORS6512410 $23.99 $23.99    

Color 025 - Brimstone Yellow  ORS6512410 $23.99 $23.99    

RTape Clear Choice AT60 - General Purpose Clear Medium-Tack Application Tape - 100yd 
Model 24"  RTTAT60 $69.84 $69.84    

RTape Clear Choice AT60 - General Purpose Clear Medium-Tack Application Tape - 100yd 
Model 6.5"  RTTAT60 $17.86 $17.86    

Model 2.25"  RTTAT60 $6.83 $6.83  

Click here to update quantities: Discounts: $0.00 Subtotal: $232.47