gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

The us cutter site now says the SC is out of stock!?

I'm not sure what you are reading but it shows all of the SC vinyl cutters at different sizes  in stock.. When I look.  Single cutter only. With stand and with out.

I have the Laserpoint and words cant explain how good it has been to me. You won't regret your purchase. Upon purchase one of the options is a Greenstar 12-Color Vinyl Starter Pack http://www.uscutter.com/12-Color-Vinyl-Starter-Pack and it will be discounted to like less than 100 bucks.

I got the transfer tape starter pack, and laserpoint cutter and came in just under $900.

I have the Laserpoint and words cant explain how good it has been to me. You won't regret your purchase. Upon purchase one of the options is a Greenstar 12-Color Vinyl Starter Pack http://www.uscutter.com/12-Color-Vinyl-Starter-Pack and it will be discounted to like less than 100 bucks.

I got the transfer tape starter pack, and laserpoint cutter and came in just under $900.

is your Laser pointer made by Creation  or  Liyu?   They changed  a little while back.  The newer ones are the Liyu

I'm not sure. How would i know? Its not a laserpoint 2. I bought in August 2012.

Isn't here something on the ends like a metal tag?  Plate?   It might say CREATION on it...   Does it look like the one they are selling now.?    Laserpointer 11 is the LIYU..

It looks exactly like the one they sell now. Just no backlight screen.

post-25948-0-70462600-1363301134_thumb.j

Yeah, i think it does but you would have to elaborate and give more detils on where these "plates" are.

Jeff.

I'm also thinking about getting a heat press is that 5 in 1 heat press a good deal??

Well, most all companies put the UL plates and Manufacturer plates model numbers, for the public to see.   I don't own one.  My Graphtec plate is on the end by the turn on switch.

I see a plae for a sticker or MF plate on each side but nothing is there.

Don't mind all the tabs and programs i have going. I'm constantly doing 10 things at once. lol

post-25948-0-80280500-1363303700_thumb.j

This is a Creation Pcut..Laser pointer.  Look at the control buttons.. This was posted in 2010.   The newer  Laserpointer11 is a Liyu...

The more buttons is the LP1 and from what I've seen so far it is louder than the LP2, but considerably faster. I don't know who makes up the specs for these machines but the speeds are exaggerated. After having used the LP1 for about 3 years the LP2 does seen to be a lot quieter, but still noisy.

Jay

Well i think im going to go with the 34" SC Cutter and the 5-in-1 Heat press....so i will be able to make shirts and hats...correct???

With these two items and some addons im at about $1059...

Hopefully it wont take me too long to make a profit....

I already have a coworker who owns a resort wanting me to do stuff for him.

And i know alot of bikers i ride with will want stuff. And some of my atv and dirtbike buds...

Well i think im going to go with the 34" SC Cutter and the 5-in-1 Heat press....so i will be able to make shirts and hats...correct???

With these two items and some addons im at about $1059...

Hopefully it wont take me too long to make a profit....

I already have a coworker who owns a resort wanting me to do stuff for him.

And i know alot of bikers i ride with will want stuff. And some of my atv and dirtbike buds...

The one with the 11x15" platen?

let us know how you like it

Yeah the larger one...

Do i need to be able to do contour cutting to do shirts?:huh:

I need to make sure i get the right setup....

Im looking to make a purchase before the end of the month...

I have a motorcycle show in April that i habe a booth for and want to have a few shirts and decals for..

seriously - get at least a 15x15 platen, not a big fan of the presses that try to do everyting - in most cases a tool that tries to do too much does none of it well - Stick with oracal vinyls, lots of good info on here if you look for it

personally no -- I would buy a separate heat press and hat press if that is your concern - I sold my hat press as there is just no enough call for pressed vinyl hats - embroidery is the rage there.

Oh ok..so i will just stick with a shirt heat press..

But do i need a cutter that does contour cutting for that ? Or will the 34" SC cutter work?

depends - if using jpss no - you really don't with 3g opaque yes you do - did you notice on usc it says "USCutter however does not support the use of the laser registration and it is not covered in the warranty"  someone recently posted they bought one and couldn't contour cut with it - now this is a manual system like on the lasterpoint - it is not a true contour cut system where it finds the points automatically - you have to more the pointer to each one of the registration marks and tellt he software where they are - 

Yeah i saw that disclaimer....

What is jpss??

Should i go with the Laserpoint 2 then??

Im trying to learn as much as i can and make a smart purchase.....

I want to be able to do car window decals, signs, and shirts.....and maybe hats/mugs etc..

I appreciate all the help :)