Stuff4Toys

SureCutsAlot Pro

I am SOO excited about this! Ive been using SCAL 2 for years & am soo pleased with it that I dont even want to update or anything because it works so well for what I want (dont want to mess up a good thing ya know? If it works dont fix it,lol) But its super easy to work. Im not too familiar with sign blazer my hubby does all that good stuff when it comes to the "big cuttter" I use my cricut & scal 2 but would love to learn the "big cutter" and SCAL gives me SUPER incentive because I KNOW I'll be able to learn it! I hope it lives up to the hype :) I have good feelings about it...buying mine today!

• Like 1

I heard somehwre around here that SCAL Pro is easy enough for Rodger to do it, so I ordered it tonight. :lol: >:D:bear:

But, I didn't even think to look into the licensing thing. If it's licensed to a particular computer, I'm going to be a bit more than angry and sorry I bought it. I change computers here more often than some people change their undies...

Too late now and I suppose I'll know in a few dyas...

you can install on 2 computers at the same time. Not sure about transferring.

So it seems and I'm not thrilled. I also see tonight that there are multiple problems with the CD version and an update already available. So why did I spend the extra 9 bucks for the CD? After all thesde years of frustration with absurd licensing schemes I should have known better. My bad and lesson learned, again... :-\:bear:

When I tried to install SCAL v3 onto my laptop a few weeks ago, I was initially unable to do so because it required an internet connection from the computer it was going onto --- otherwise it was only able to operate in the Trial version (will cut horizontal lines through your design as a DEMO watermark).

Its worth a try for this money. I got mine installed , but it wont cut even though it says works with Graphtec I didn't see it on the list? I have a ticket into US Cutter . First problem was it wouldn't install however read to drop the zero on the serial # and that worked...

Its worth a try for this money. I got mine installed , but it wont cut even though it says works with Graphtec I didn't see it on the list? I have a ticket into US Cutter . First problem was it wouldn't install however ready to drop the zero on the serial # and that worked...

you would probably be better off contacting support at Craft Edge directly. They seem to be able to get things up and running from what people are saying.

I've not been able to get Sure Cuts A Lot to cut anything using a USCutter 34" SC machine. The software looks good and will hopefully work well once it works.....

-Scott

• Like 1

OK, here's the deal. A few points of information ----

-- The program is on a CD, not DVD disk.

-- As we now have confirmed, version 3.033 will not drive the SC machine.

-- The first thing I did when opening the interface was to rearrange the placement and sizing and positioning of all the various Libraries and Properties and other boxes that occupy all my screen real estate. I would really have liked the program to remember that new configuration when I re-open it each time thereafter. No such luck.

-- The "View" menu doesn't offer "Zoom to Selected" or "Zoom All" or "Zoom Extents" -- WTF.

-- I gave up on using this program AFTER FIVE MINUTES.

-- If you installed the program, and activated it, you'll need to go to the HELP menu and select "deactivate" (while online) prior to uninstalling, if you wish to place it on 2 other computers later.

-- I have now uninstalled the program, and really don't feel like troubleshooting or patching, or even spending two more minutes fooling with it.

Just installed it and registered, havent started any attempts to cut... One concern is that I have a CoPam at the shop that is static, and a smaller SC here at the house that we use for outdoor events... Really worried after reading the above that its not gonna work... Also after opening and looking at the workspace... dont like the arrangements...

FML...

Just installed it and registered, havent started any attempts to cut... One concern is that I have a CoPam at the shop that is static, and a smaller SC here at the house that we use for outdoor events... Really worried after reading the above that its not gonna work... Also after opening and looking at the workspace... dont like the arrangements...

FML...

Apparently, the company that produces the software will provide you with a download that gets the SC to work.

However, to be honest, I wasn't going to jump through any hoops to get it running on my cutter because I immediately realized that the interface is not a "pro" style in any way, shape or form.

I was really, really, anticipating a clean, efficient, purpose-driven "professional" layout & design program, and this ain't it.

The best response that describes what this is all about was provided by Markk0077 ---

He introduced me to the term "jackleg" and it fits perfectly, sorry to say.

You can customize the workspace to suit yourself

But, will not remember it, so on each start up you're back to square one.

(unless I am missing something)

"I immediately realized that the interface is not a "pro" style in any way, shape or form."

LOL that's exactly what people said when SignBlazer first came out. Many of those who stuck with it and found what it could do are still using it today.

So I can now confirm, that for me having tried the SCALPro on both my 34" SC cutter, and the CoPam 3050, the software doesnt work for either one. I would like to know what models were bench tested with the software prior to it being released.

Bruce

So I can now confirm, that for me having tried the SCALPro on both my 34" SC cutter, and the CoPam 3050, the software doesnt work for either one. I would like to know what models were bench tested with the software prior to it being released.

Bruce

Have you downloaded the patch that allows it to work with the SC cutter?

"I immediately realized that the interface is not a "pro" style in any way, shape or form."

LOL that's exactly what people said when SignBlazer first came out. Many of those who stuck with it and found what it could do are still using it today.

At no point was the word "Pro" affixed to SignBlazer as an indicator that it was at a level of professional cutting software.

My objection is not to whether or not SureCuts is functional as shipped (and to be sure, it's not, plus at no point has a link been offered by USCUTTER to rectify that failure) nor do I object to the various obvious deficiencies of the interface --- my chief complaint here is that USCUTTER took it upon themselves to market this as "PRO" instead of using some other word that could have been chosen ---- SureCutsaLot "Premiere" would have been perfect, under the circumstances.

The curtain draws back, the band plays a fanfare, and the Premier Performance now starts on stage ---

I was able to download the updated software and get it loaded after 1st uninstalling the 3.033.

I did a quick test cut of some small arial letters that I have been having issues with. I must say Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3 actually cut the letters nearly perfect. I will give the software another chance to make a comeback in my mind. BUT we NEED .eps file support ASAP!!!

-Scott

Yup that's what I did to get 3.036 I was able to enter my name and serial code to do the download.

-Scott