Dr12volt1338

Hexis carbon fiber

http://www.uscutter.com/HEXIS-True-Textured-Carbon-Fiber-5mil-HPV-Cast-Vinyl-10yd-Roll-by-assorted-widths-HEXCFV10

Has anyone used this or does any have an opinion of it? I have a customer who wants me to put some on his golf cart and I just got the price on a roll of the 3m and almost choked..(My local supplier only has 54" wide rolls.) Is the textured stuff that much nicer then the plain carbon fiber looking stuff?

well i have my tablet with a textured carbon fiber and i was impressed with it that i wanted to spend money to get my cellphone, laptop and desktop with carbon fiber lol

its expensive as i tried to search for it too, but they feel very good at hand, i havent touched the carbon fiber looking ones, but i dont think they will feel like the textured ones (also it made my tablet feel more solid)

I ordered a roll of the printed style from Uscutter and on flatter surfaces it is ok. I like the 3m the best so far.

Something you may consider is 3M makes the Di-Noc carbon and also a 1080 carbon. Two different animals and prices.

I have never bought from this guy but he shows plenty of it. http://www.metrorestyling.com

And he is one of the biggest sellers of it on ebay.

Something you may consider is 3M makes the Di-Noc carbon and also a 1080 carbon. Two different animals and prices.

I have never bought from this guy but he shows plenty of it. http://www.metrorestyling.com

I have some samples of the 1080 its amazing!!! The whole line of 1080 is actually.

I have bought from that guy for bigger samples, but was threw amazon.

His prices where not that bad when i was doing the math on what my cost is from a wholesale place.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A38KC3G8X6TR19

Posted a thread about the 1080: here

HEXIS is awesome... its actually the exact same texture as 3M, 3M just uses their adhesives. HEXIS also makes a Pearlescent CF that has an incredible look to it.

HEXIS adhesive is much like ORACAL 975RA if you have ever worked with that carbon Fiber.

I have bought from that guy for bigger samples, but was threw amazon.

His prices where not that bad when i was doing the math on what my cost is from a wholesale place.

http://www.amazon.co...=A38KC3G8X6TR19

Posted a thread about the 1080: here

Those prices are 40% more than I pay through my suppliers... If you guys wanted small pieces of 3M 1080, I work with it all the time and could sell you cut-offs at my price.

• Like 1

HEXIS is awesome... its actually the exact same texture as 3M, 3M just uses their adhesives. HEXIS also makes a Pearlescent CF that has an incredible look to it.

HEXIS adhesive is much like ORACAL 975RA if you have ever worked with that carbon Fiber.

I'm going to order a roll of the Hexis and check it out. I do a lot of cell phones and laptops. I want to wrap my Xbox and desktop computer with it.

I can cut whatever size off you want... I buy them in 60" rolls x 10+ yards.

I went to 3M's site and requested samples of Di-Noc and 1080 and the Di-Noc showed up with beautiful notebooks of all their wood and marble samples, but the 1080 requires you to call them to verify before they will send them.

Difference in the two different sites, Architectural and Solutions . I didnt know it but Di-Noc is basically for architectural interior use.

Anyway, I dont know if they are sending a sample of the 1080 or not. I want to cut some black carbon to go on Polaris RZR dashes.

You get 4" x 4" squares in a pouch for the 1080 samples, they don't send partial rolls for that material.

I just got conformation that they are sending those little samples. Let me ask you something. Since the 1080 and di-noc has this texture on top of it, do you think it could hold dirt and mud in it? Im going to make some dash wraps for ATV's.

I know I hear a lot about these vinyls look like real carbon fiber, but to my the real carbon fiber I have seen is smooth on top from the clear resins.

It definitely holds on to debris... but in its defense a hose and simple green cleans it right off.

True Carbon Fiber is textured, but for many uses that is not applicable so they resin it to reinforce/protect the weave.

Well most of the carbon fiber accessories you see are of the layed with resins type, like my cia box in my mustang. And its beautiful, but why people like this texture on this vinyl I guess is preference. I personally dont like the raw fiber look.

But in my case, whatever sells.

The flat printed carbons don't have the depth like the embossed textures, which is why everyone loves the textured.

I went to 3M's site and requested samples of Di-Noc and 1080 and the Di-Noc showed up with beautiful notebooks of all their wood and marble samples, but the 1080 requires you to call them to verify before they will send them. Difference in the two different sites, Architectural and Solutions . I didnt know it but Di-Noc is basically for architectural interior use. Anyway, I dont know if they are sending a sample of the 1080 or not. I want to cut some black carbon to go on Polaris RZR dashes.
You get 4" x 4" squares in a pouch for the 1080 samples, they don't send partial rolls for that material.

This is what you get in the pack

RhiAh.jpg

Thats more samples than I figured. Have you seen the samples and notebooks you get with the di-noc? Its sweet, course most of it is for interiors and stores.

I have heard that some guys have printed on this 1080.