Genkboy

Corel X4 / Vista64 / Zencut Black / Cut Direct?

Hey guys and gals.

As stated in the title, I'm using a Vista 64 bit platform, just purchased and installed Corel X4 home edition, and I'm using a ZenCut Black cutter.

I'm new to Corel, and have heard that people are successfully cutting directly from Corel.

I tried installing the plugin for corel from the Zencut CD included with my cutter purchase, but I'm getting a directory not found error upon installing?

Any ideas?

Big thanks!post-7430-0-27301300-1319993358_thumb.jp

just curious, but does it say you can use the Corel HOME edition? I know the Graphtec Cutting Master software cannot use the Home or Education edition as a plugin, because they don't include Visual Basic. It has to be the FULL COREL version. Could this be your problem here also?

From Graphtec:

Cannot use Cutting Master with CorelDraw Download (Home) version or Education version since they do not include Visual Basic. Users with these two versions have to contact Corel and upgrade to full versions.

I was wondering if this was my issue. It doesn't specify on the plug in, so I assumed there was no difference.

I went with the Home edition not knowing the difference, and here is one example.

Kinda stinks, but I understand why they do it this way. I do nothing more than nicnaks with this stuff, but if someone is going to be profiting from their hardware, I suppose the software guys should get a cut too.. huh?

Anyone know of any short cuts around this issue?

If all you need is VBA and you don't want to "upgrade" your Corel; you could try finding a cheap copy of Corel 11. It has VBA 6.3 and is installable direct from the CD without installing the full Corel.

I have 2 GCC cutters and I have had way more problems working with Corel than with Illustrator....Not saying Corel will not work just have not put much effort into it.....

Posted in another thread...we use a different cutter but may work the same...

We've been cutting from Corel Draw for a couple of years now with no problems. We're using X3 and a Roland Camm-1 Pro cutter. All you need to do is add your cutter as a printer so that you can select it in Corel Draw from the print menu and then set up your page accordingly.

Our standard cutting page is 3200mm Wide by 340mm High. This is good for 15" rolls of material. You can change the height as needed per roll.

Try to add an extra 10mm to whatever size your roll is for the rollers (so our artwork doesn't exceed 330mm high for a standard 15" Roll).

make sure everything you want to be cut has a hairline outline on it.

You may need to make sure there are no fills in the artwork.

Line up your artwork to the left of the page.

Then just set up your printer properties to accommodate the size of your page and cut away!

The other nice thing with cutting directly from Corel Draw is that you can share your printer and cut from anywhere.

I have everything you need, including the newest firmware/drivers to cut straight from corel or illustrator. It also has a new diecut feature to cut through the backing paper.

shoot me an email and I'll send everything your way.