Sign in to follow this  
CADILLAC MAC

can someone walk me thru the steps on "wet application"

im doin a job right now, and i ave alot of air bubbles, i have read on here about a "wet application"! im new to thins, can some one explain? thanks

I clean the substrate very well. Then I get all my layout marks,as I spray the area well and as I peel the backer I spray the vinyl lightly then you can position reposition the decal after your satisfied with the position squeegee well from the center to the outside

use plenty of pressure and wipe the excess fluid away. After you finish wet the app tape and let set a while it makes it much easier to peel your tape. I think there are a couple videos on here. Hope this helps.

Dan

I clean the substrate very well. Then I get all my layout marks,as I spray the area well and as I peel the backer I spray the vinyl lightly then you can position reposition the decal after your satisfied with the position squeegee well from the center to the outside

use plenty of pressure and wipe the excess fluid away. After you finish wet the app tape and let set a while it makes it much easier to peel your tape. I think there are a couple videos on here. Hope this helps.

Dan

• Like 2

thanx guys! i found this turtorial on youtube that i found very helpful, and i was able to get the job done tonite, i guess im just worried with the adhesive being wet, the vinyl wont stick like it is suppose to.

heres the video

and the pics of the new sign next to the old

post-3694-0-86256900-1319601543_thumb.jp

i still had some bubbles, but not as much for the most part! this was my first wet application, and my first multi layer job. i think i didn pretty good. i just hope "Bill" likes it

post-3694-0-48093800-1319611558_thumb.jp

Small bubbles will disapate after a while and the more wet you do the easier it becomes. If you have larger bubbles punch with small blade or needed and squeegee out fluid or air.

Dan