roxanneupnorth

So did your politicians get it right?

All the power is in the hands of consumers who give the corporations all their money....Stop buying what they are making overseas and you bring them to their knees....Now folks will say there is nothing left to buy....And that is probably true so you may have to do without or wait....But if you stop buying the imported stuff, domestic suppliers will soon respond to wants of the marketplace....

Right once again, Roxy. Everyone wants American made, but nobody wants to pay for it. This is called Hypocrisy.

• Like 1

In order for jobs to come back to the USA, wages will have to come down so there is less gap between the US and other countries.....And that does mean that folks will have to live on less....But as there will less money in the market place that means prices will adjust.....House prices will come down....Oil prices will come down....Prices are driven up when folks strive to live above their means....

• Like 1

Frank if I had to make a guess, I would say that with all the Greenstar and Oracal vinyl they sell, Made in USA would be a much larger portion of their volume than imports....

• Like 1

Frank if I had to make a guess, I would say that with all the Greenstar and Oracal vinyl they sell, Made in USA would be a much larger portion of their volume than imports....

your guess would be correct. And if people were willing to pay the price for a US made cutter, I am sure USC would be selling them. But they aren't willing. Like I said before, everyone wants it cheap.And cheap means foreign made.

• Like 1

excuse me, "did" not will And as of january 1st of that year was the final implamentations of it

Im not blaming anybody but saying NAFTA has nothing to do with jobs going to china or India is absurd.

Your truck was stamped, welded and painted in asia, india and im sure parts of the us. Sub assemblies shipped in from all over the world. Final assembly in mexico deems the sticker.

Have you ever worked on a automobile assembly line? Any Manufactoring plant or facility? Any first hand experience with the manufactoring of anything??? First hand experience with losing jobs or parts to overseas vendors? PFFFFT. Look at polaris now. going to Mexico. I did alot of work for them in various plants in area. Slowly over the last 6 years they have pulled out parts to be manufactored in china. More and more are going that route. Many machine shops in the us cannot compete with these per part prices even with the additional taxes, tarifs and shipping tagged on these. By doing so they can get the parts from china even cheaper yet.

I have been in the UAW and maching/manufactoring for most of my life. Even the equipment we run in the plants here is made in asia. Go into any machine shop and you see Mori-Seiki or DaWoo everywhere. The occasional HAAS but not in the bigger shops.

Im ranting and im sorry, Im done, My head hurts and i have to much work to do.

excuse me, "did" not will And as of january 1st of that year was the final implamentations of it

Im not blaming anybody but saying NAFTA has nothing to do with jobs going to china or India is absurd.

Your truck was stamped, welded and painted in asia, india and im sure parts of the us. Sub assemblies shipped in from all over the world. Final assembly in mexico deems the sticker.

Have you ever worked on a automobile assembly line? Any Manufactoring plant or facility? Any first hand experience with the manufactoring of anything??? First hand experience with losing jobs or parts to overseas vendors? PFFFFT. Look at polaris now. going to Mexico. I did alot of work for them in various plants in area. Slowly over the last 6 years they have pulled out parts to be manufactored in china. More and more are going that route. Many machine shops in the us cannot compete with these per part prices even with the additional taxes, tarifs and shipping tagged on these. By doing so they can get the parts from china even cheaper yet.

I have been in the UAW and maching/manufactoring for most of my life. Even the equipment we run in the plants here is made in asia. Go into any machine shop and you see Mori-Seiki or DaWoo everywhere. The occasional HAAS but not in the bigger shops.

and why do you think this is?

• Like 1

The right wing has strived to bust union for years so that the large corporations can profit a few extra billion while the workers barley get by. We as Americans have to accept a lot of the blame for job losses to China and other foreign countrys by buying foreign products to save a few bucks instead of demanding made in the USA that blame goes on us older generation more than the young because now it is hard to find American made.I head coal miners complain about layoffs in the mines because of the low demand for coal for domestic steel because of imported cars then go out and buy a Toyota or Nissan truck

• Like 1

Its all about the dollar. Plain and simple.

exactly..and we live in a consumer-driven economy. Who are the consumers? You and me.

• Like 1

The right wing has strived to bust union for years so that the large corporations can profit a few extra billion while the workers barley get by. We as Americans have to accept a lot of the blame for job losses to China and other foreign countrys by buying foreign products to save a few bucks instead of demanding made in the USA that blame goes on us older generation more than the young because now it is hard to find American made.I head coal miners complain about layoffs in the mines because of the low demand for coal for domestic steel because of imported cars then go out and buy a Toyota or Nissan truck

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It wasn't meant to point the finger at one party Mr. John. They all are crooks, and we know they are, plain and simple, one party acts like they are for the poor and the other the rich. Bull, Bull, Bull, they are all for the rich! Which one will pad my pockets the deepest?

As far as my generation raising the lazy butt kids today... you got that one right on the nose! But you best believe I raise my kids just like I was raised. My does choirs, takes out the trash, mows the yard, helps in the garden, and cleans their room and helps wash dishes.

Oh yeah, and they get their tails torn up if they get out of line..... Why? Cause I actually give a crap about my kids, unlike the girl that just got away with killer her baby.......... don't get me started on that.

But anyhow, its our own fault for "letting" them in the first place and we all know it!

My 2 Cents

It wasn't meant to point the finger at one party Mr. John. They all are crooks, and we know they are, plain and simple, one party acts like they are for the poor and the other the rich. Bull, Bull, Bull, they are all for the rich! Which one will pad my pockets the deepest?

As far as my generation raising the lazy butt kids today... you got that one right on the nose! But you best believe I raise my kids just like I was raised. My does choirs, takes out the trash, mows the yard, helps in the garden, and cleans their room and helps wash dishes.

Oh yeah, and they get their tails torn up if they get out of line..... Why? Cause I actually give a crap about my kids, unlike the girl that just got away with killer her baby.......... don't get me started on that.

But anyhow, its our own fault for "letting" them in the first place and we all know it!

My 2 Cents

My point exactly...we are quick to blame everything and everyone but ourselves. WE run to Walmart for cheap shoes and complain because our Feet hurt.

WE buy electronics goods that are lucky to last as long as the warranty does. We buy clothes that come apart after a few wash cycles...and food that is likely as not to contain stuff that will poison us. How can we dictate how our country should be run when we can't even keep our own house in order?

Wonder how many poor folks will get dinner with the President tonight at 38,000.00 a plate.....Next election you need to vote for whoever is not the incumbent.....And keep doing it every election until they get it....

My point exactly...we are quick to blame everything and everyone but ourselves. WE run to Walmart for cheap shoes and complain because our Feet hurt.

WE buy electronics goods that are lucky to last as long as the warranty does. We buy clothes that come apart after a few wash cycles...and food that is likely as not to contain stuff that will poison us. How can we dictate how our country should be run when we can't even keep our own house in order?

I love your point of view John :thumbsup:

Wonder how many poor folks will get dinner with the President tonight at 38,000.00 a plate.....Next election you need to vote for whoever is not the incumbent.....And keep doing it every election until they get it....

38,000 a plate we "LET" them have. gezzzzzz dry.gif

• Like 1

I love your point of view John :thumbsup:

It's a matter of how you chose to live,Ash. I haven't bought a new pair of shoes or a new article of clothing in 10 years. I have the same cell phone (NOT Chinese made)for 2 years..bought used,btw...my truck is 23 years old. I buy used books and DVDs on Amazon...at half or less the price than new.

Everything we do, we have at least 2 choices. I chose to recycle and reuse everything I can. I don't waste stuff, I live within my means, and I don't have a credit card. It's all about choices. Some people don't consider the long-range effects of their choices. I do.

I have cousins who are one paycheck away from bankruptcy...credit cards to the max,etc. They don't have to live this way,but it has to be a big fine house instead of an older one,just as nice...and a nice new car every 3 years...things like that. Again,choices. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

and, my dog is better behaved (and smarter) than most kids I see around the neighborhood.

When things were made in America by Americans they lasted for ever my mother had a Philco refrigerator that lasted at least 30 years and a console tv that lasted for ever now like was said it falls apart in no time. The corporations now only Think about the profit and stockholders not the quality of the product or the employees making it.

I like the patriot concept of buying American ! The biggest hoax ... hypocritical thing I have ever seen was lee Iacocca asking Americans to " buy American " ... all the while selling labeled Mitsubishi , etc cars as " American " cars . Seems VERY improbable that some could make a difference by buying only American . A valiant effort , but as hard as it is on everybody not rich , futile IMO .