south125dealer

purchasing 50 yards of vinyl

how do you know if when you bought 50 yards, there are 50 yards in that roll? can you measure the thickness of the roll to get a estimate? if so how much? or do you just trust the seller?

I have always just trusted the seller.  There are too many variations with thickness of vinyl, backing paper, or tighteness on the roll to be able to measure it I would assume

Guest fivestar

I have always just trusted the seller.  There are too many variations with thickness of vinyl, backing paper, or tighteness on the roll to be able to measure it I would assume

I am like tater, I just trusted the seller.  I know of no way to tell while it's on the roll.

Go to your local high school and start at the goaline and see if it reaches midfield !! Lol

Trust you seller unless you wanted to measure it .....

Keep track of how much vinyl you are using them at the end of the roll you will no if you can trust your seller..

I've actually known people who measured out every single roll to make sure they didn't get cheated by a foot or two.Personally,my time is worth more than that. I just assume that it is 50 yards unless it obviously looks like it isn't.After awhile,you can tell by how much you get done with it,if you were shorted. If a seller sells a lot,they would be stupid to cheat people and risk losing their business.

The only time I got screwed on ebay was a roll that had a splice...but I noticed it in time. Didn't complain though,it was a 50 yd roll of gloss black,15 inch,and my cost was $28 delivered.

I just had delivery of a 30"x50 yard roll of gloss black that was $41 delievered,from the same guy. He's kinda weird, but worth the trouble for the deals. I get 15"x50 yd red,blue,green,black,all the time for $30 or less,delivered.Mostly FDC but I have had oracal too. I can't find a thing wrong with it, sometimes the sprockets are messed up (like that matters) or maybe the end of the roll is dented a bit (again,not a problem for me)

He's on ebay,and I think his stuff goes for so litle because he lists it i such an odd way,you don't find it with a regular search. I just stumbled across it. I mean,in his main title description, he just says 'black' or 'red'...no mention of what it is.

YOu won't believe it,but last week I won a 125 yard roll of red 15" FDC,for the minimum bid ($18) plus $25 ship,and I was the only bidder. Seriously. And I got a 15 inch roll of Blue(50 yds) for $12,and he combinned shipping. Both rolls,total cost,delivered....$54.