marcuso

Another attempt at conversion to IP.Board

If I can reverse sort the 4um messages I'll be content - I really hate having to page through 20 pages to get to the last few additions undecided.gif

Kewl, I got a purty x for a forum pic - that should really confuse the cr@p outta Rodger! :P

Ok, found a bug, you can't vote up your own post more than once!!! :D

• Like 1

We are still trying to restore attachments. The problem was initially the import script and the size of our database. The most recent attempt failed due to running out of space - which is probably good news because that is an issue that is easy to solve. I am asking IP.Board to make another attempt tomorrow; which means more downtime. I have high confidence that we will see success. When you move a board with this much history and volume (240K posts, 5GB+ data) you cannot expect instant success. If we are back to normal after three days of issues, I would consider this a successful migration. I know that some people feel uncomfortable with the new site, but I think you would be equally uncomfortable moving from a Fiat to a Ferarri. In my mind, IP.Board is the Ferarri of forum software. and I feel thankful that I don't have to deal with the backlash of moving in the opposite direction.

For those that say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", sorry; we just have different philosophies. I like to improve everything I can. Painful at times, but rewarding in the long run.

a Fiat would be s step-up for me...as long as it came with a few gallons of lubricant and a big shoe-horn to get me in it. :D

• Like 1

a Fiat would be s step-up for me...as long as it came with a few gallons of lubricant and a big shoe-horn to get me in it. :D

I know it will be great when and if it gets fixed but right now I would take a running fiat over a broken Ferrari if I needed to get somewhereblink.gif . . . .

Marcus,

I see that I have used "17.68MB of 2.15MB" and have a maximum file size of 64 mb for upload . . . . this is confusing to me. If I am only allowed 2.15 mb how could I ever load 64mb. also does this mean a 2.15mg limit and I should delete everything I have uploaded?? if everyone does this won't that make all the post in the past useless if you are able to upload the pictures?

yes it is getting better

:unsure:

Marcus,

I see that I have used "17.68MB of 2.15MB" and have a maximum file size of 64 mb for upload . . . . this is confusing to me. If I am only allowed 2.15 mb how could I ever load 64mb. also does this mean a 2.15mg limit and I should delete everything I have uploaded?? if everyone does this won't that make all the post in the past useless if you are able to upload the pictures?

yes it is getting better

Hey Dakota where are you seeing that stat..I am looking but guess I am over looking it...Thanks :unsure:

stetson5331

:unsure:

Hey Dakota where are you seeing that stat..I am looking but guess I am over looking it...Thanks :unsure:

stetson5331

I think that's what you see when you attempt to upload a file. Which is probably why nobody can.

If I can reverse sort the 4um messages I'll be content - I really hate having to page through 20 pages to get to the last few additions undecided.gif

Try clicking on " View New Content " at the top right of the Home Page , it brings up all threads that have a new post . When I open a thread It takes me to the 1rst post I have not read . ( It is only the 1rst post in the thread if I have not read any of the thread )

:thumbsup::P

EDIT ; It helps to read the help section ;D . You can have a pop-up sent when you sign in that that lets you know of any new post in a thread you have posted in , anytime someone quotes your post ... etc . Click your user name , select settings , select notification options & choose the options ... ok Bayslowtle ?

• Like 1

I had to reload my avatar and it showed up in the corner but not on my posts???

Proto, how did you get it to show up now?