Sign in to follow this  
haumana

Single job for bid...

Hey guys... I know, it's been a while  ;).   I have a friend that's asked me to do a single decal for her, but my LP cutter is too small. I was wondering if there is anyone out there willing to help me out here.

Some details... It will be going on hard plastic spare tire cover. It's three colors: black, grey (oracal 071), and oracal ice blue (056). It's not an intricate design. SYou can see the logo@ http://808crossfit.com. I think the ideal size would be about 24" diameter, if possible... Or whatever will fit on the tire cover of a new Toyota rav.

Please let me know if any of you would me interested. I would greatly appreciate it if any of you can help out of this jam :)

Mahalo!!!!!!

Why can't you do it? Cut the top part seperate from the bottom. Cut center text seperately. You may have to split and overlap the gray but doubtful.

Truth be told, I've never done a three color, or anything this big. I'm not confident in my abilities and would hate to waste that much vinyl learning the ropes in it. But thank you very mu

Ch for the suggestion and encouragement  ;)

Not quite the answers I was hoping for, but thank you!

Maybe your vinyl is cheap, but living in the middle of the ocean makes for some costly shipping charges tacked on to the cost of my vinyl.... So it's not so cheap for me  :-

I could do it for you but I dont have any grey vinyl or that shade of blue.

Wouldn't mind getting some grey (can always use it for other projects) but the blue?

Whats your timeline on this?

Hi Haumana ,

Nice to see you back !!! I don't have the colors either . I think about you every time there is a UFC event on . You still into watching them ? Haumana has always been a swell gal & has always helped others any time she could

post-982-1298656642935_thumb.jpg

post-982-12986566443498_thumb.jpg

Not quite the answers I was hoping for, but thank you!

Maybe your vinyl is cheap, but living in the middle of the ocean makes for some costly shipping charges tacked on to the cost of my vinyl.... So it's not so cheap for me  :-

Sorry missed that part i lived in iceland ,japan and guam i know what you mean about shipping

Mahalo for the offer jfought - but she was very specific about it being a "die cut" decal.

I'm kind of surprised that no one can or wants to do this. I have to say that I do wish I bought a bigger cutter now  ;)  Anyone? Please?

@ Rodger - I think of you too when UFC is on. Can I just say that it's a shame that GSP didn't put serious hurt on koscheck and submit him during the early rounds. hahaha.  And while it would never happen - I would like to see Anderson Silva fight Brock Lesnar.

What i don't understand is, Why can't you do it yourself? Sounds to me that if you can't do a job as simple as this, then why do you have a vinyl cutter?

This job is very simple and should be no problem to do. You have a 24" machine, Do the graphic like 23" x 23" and that will be good enough and won't be any problem. Sometimes you need to figure out what YOU can do and tell the customer that instead of outsourcing it for something as small as coming up 1" shirt in diameter cause your machine isn't bigger when it really won't matter.

The vinyl for this can be ordered by the yard from Fellers and shipped to you. I would imagine they would ship to you as i know a sign shop in HI and they get supplies no problem. Call them and ask, You have nothing to lose.

Order the vinyl by the yard, mark it up and charge for your time. If the friend doesn't want to pay any respectable price then tell her you cannot do it and have her go somewhere else and get real life pricing for advertising like this.

Good luck.

Hey Haumana ,

I agree about GSP & Koshcheck  , though he did put serious hurt on Koshcheck ... jusy not what we wanted to see  :D . I have never liked Koshcheck after his antics on season 1 of TUF . I also have never liked Brock Lesner , though nobody can deny his physical power & how quick he is for his size . I think that is the only thing that carried him past Couture & Frank Mir . When he fought sombody " his own size " he didn't do well . If Shane Carwin had not tried so hard to finish Lesner & punched himself out , I think he would have won that fight  by KO

How fast you need that decal ? With the shipping , you might want to try someone on the island  ;D . Stick around , Bayotle os a fun newer member along with several others  ;) . We used to have fun trying to keep the jerks in line  ;) .

@ Guest: WTF? You jackwad - you know, at least others here were encouraging. WTH is your problem? Call the job whatever you want, simple or whatever. If you think that I'm a sign shop, don't you think I'd be doing this myself? I really couldn't give a flying crap if you know a sign shop in Hawaii that get's their vinyl from Fellers or not. Shipping to Hawaii is extremely expensive, unless you can the minimum purchase with Fellers, and YES I've spoke to Fellers before. I would never carry that amount of vinyl in the first place. Doing vinyl is not my "day job," but a simple hobby. I'm just trying to help a friend out, and I'm going to charge my friend for my "time" that I do this - then she wouldn't be my friend, but just some client that I would tell them "no" that I can't do the job. Until you know how ambiance of business in conducted in Hawaii, which let me tell you, there should be Aloha in everything you do if you live here, don't tell me how to run my business. My OP didn't say anything about charging her. And putting "Good Luck" at the end of your post doesn't make ok to get your "digs" in.

@ Guest: WTF? You jackwad - you know, at least others here were encouraging. WTH is your problem? Call the job whatever you want, simple or whatever. If you think that I'm a sign shop, don't you think I'd be doing this myself? I really couldn't give a flying crap if you know a sign shop in Hawaii that get's their vinyl from Fellers or not. Shipping to Hawaii is extremely expensive, unless you can the minimum purchase with Fellers, and YES I've spoke to Fellers before. I would never carry that amount of vinyl in the first place. Doing vinyl is not my "day job," but a simple hobby. I'm just trying to help a friend out, and I'm going to charge my friend for my "time" that I do this - then she wouldn't be my friend, but just some client that I would tell them "no" that I can't do the job. Until you know how ambiance of business in conducted in Hawaii, which let me tell you, there should be Aloha in everything you do if you live here, don't tell me how to run my business. My OP didn't say anything about charging her. And putting "Good Luck" at the end of your post doesn't make ok to get your "digs" in.

LOL all i could do is smile as soon as i read the first few sentences. Why get bent out of shape? Also i never said "you have to run your business like this", I simply made realistic thought out suggestions to the best way to do it. This job is extremely simple no matter how you look at it. For the record, How can i be telling you how to run your business if it's a hobby?

It's ok, I was once in your shoes about being nervous about certain jobs but the only way to get over them is to do them and put another task under your belt that you can do. When people who knew what they were doing better than me told me how it is, I also felt upset as you are. It's really ok because i have been there and am just trying to help. Maybe if you can't get materials for jobs where you are you should not be doing this to be honest. By you not being able to get materials for jobs is not making you look too good if you think about it from a customer/client standpoint.

Fellers has a order minimum of $100, You know that's only about 5 rolls of 15"x10yd of vinyl right? Not much at all. Stock basic colors like black, white, red, silver, and blue and you should be good if it's just a hobby.

Take care and calm down for crying out loud, You live on a island, Be happy!

great - if you can get Fellers to inexpensively ship me vinyl, then let me know - until then, you might want to keep your comments to yourself.

when you tell me that i should be charging for my time, that's my business - regardless of if it's my day job or hobby.

you think you were offering words of encouragement? I suggest you find a more tactful way of delivering your message. May you should read how other people responded, because they did it with good intentions and tact. tell me that it's such simply job, doesn't change the fact that I want to outsource this. and cutting it fit my machine vs. the size that she is requesting, it piss poor mentality. she's a friend, but she's also a client - would you provide your client with something other than what they requested? i certainly hope not.

do me a favor, don't post to this thread anymore. if i'm not mistaken, you're the troublemaker from way back when, and then you changed your profile name. whatever.

great - if you can get Fellers to inexpensively ship me vinyl, then let me know - until then, you might want to keep your comments to yourself.

when you tell me that i should be charging for my time, that's my business - regardless of if it's my day job or hobby.

you think you were offering words of encouragement? I suggest you find a more tactful way of delivering your message. May you should read how other people responded, because they did it with good intentions and tact. tell me that it's such simply job, doesn't change the fact that I want to outsource this. and cutting it fit my machine vs. the size that she is requesting, it piss poor mentality. she's a friend, but she's also a client - would you provide your client with something other than what they requested? i certainly hope not.

do me a favor, don't post to this thread anymore. if i'm not mistaken, you're the troublemaker from way back when, and then you changed your profile name. whatever.

I am here to stay until they ban me. This is a open forum last time i checked so i believe i am free to say what i will. Not saying some cannot be deleted or censored but still am free to say what i will if i am on track with the topic at hand.

Your upset because is said to charge for your time? What kind of business person are you to get upset at that comment? I said order it by the yard, mark it up and charge for your time. That was no way telling you how to run your "business". You can order the vinyl and have $60 into it and charge her $20 for all i care, that's  not my problem at all.

So your telling me, to examine how others respond so i can copy them and be no different? Yeah that's going to work. I don't base how i respond on others, I base it on facts and my personal knowledge for doing this for over half a decade.

You have a 24" machine, You should be able to cut this job up to 23" diameter no problem. I don't see why 1" is that big of a deal for your "friend". Sometimes things can be done without having to be a headache and this is one of those jobs where i'm sure 23" will work. If you can't do that then i would tell the customer that your machine has a max cutting width of 23" and i can do that for you. Not "Oh i can't do it but i will post on a forum and ask everyone on there to do it because you need that 1inch". Get real man, is that 1" going to make it look that much different? I don't think so.

Just like another member who had a last minute job for a banner, he didn't have time to order a banner blank so it applied vinyl to the backside of the customers old banner. He made it work and the customer was perfectly fine with it. Sometimes you have to do with what you have or walk away from the job.

To see that you are so upset about my reply is honestly humorous to me, There is NO REASON to get bent out of shape. If you can't take the heat maybe get out of the kitchen. What will you do when a customer has a issue with how you did a job, Are you going to call them a "jackwad" and get all crazy? I hope not.

While we are doing favors, Maybe you can do me one. Learn to do your jobs properly with the proper protocol or don't say or offer your services.

I do this for a living, this is how i feed my family and pay for my machines and everything so if you don't want to take my advice, ok. That's on you.

no, it's YOU that doesn't get the point. that's like only getting 11 eggs in the carton. you deliver what the client asks for and expects.

you want to know what made you posting different from the others?

they offered up valid suggestions, rather than just say it's simple, why can't you do it.

if you can't manage to offer up some positive comments, then the world would definitely be a better place if you kept them to yourself.

yah, i get that this is an open forum, and they let all kinds of JACKWADS post.

i may have not been on this forum lately, but the stigma of you still stinks this place. how unfortunate. at least i have the balls to pick a name and stick with it, not try to change it and hide.

no, it's YOU that doesn't get the point. that's like only getting 11 eggs in the carton. you deliver what the client asks for and expects.

you want to know what made you posting different from the others?

they offered up valid suggestions, rather than just say it's simple, why can't you do it.

if you can't manage to offer up some positive comments, then the world would definitely be a better place if you kept them to yourself.

yah, i get that this is an open forum, and they let all kinds of JACKWADS post.

i may have not been on this forum lately, but the stigma of you still stinks this place. how unfortunate. at least i have the balls to pick a name and stick with it, not try to change it and hide.

LOL man your a good laugh. How red in the face are you right now? So who else is included in these "all kinds of jackwads"? Please enlighten us since im not the only one.

Don't flatter yourself that I'm pissed. Well, I'd prefer to call you something else, but that would probably get me banned. You're not worth the effort.

Don't flatter yourself that I'm pissed. Well, I'd prefer to call you something else, but that would probably get me banned. You're not worth the effort.

Oh so you are pissed? Nice! lol calm down. How bad could it be living on a island really?

Haumana is a Lady & I have missed her  ;)

post-982-12986566431445_thumb.jpg

post-982-12986566444633_thumb.jpg

Oh so you are pissed? Nice! lol calm down. How bad could it be living on a island really?

sign5.gif Hahahaha. You really are that conceited and dumb.  lol_hitting.gif

what part do you need cut i can help out. i have a 54" printer/cutter

pm me

Ya all may think I'm nuts but even rodger didn't notice I've just been sittin back, enjoyin the show!  ;)