Sign in to follow this  
vicentillo29

have you seen this "mestaikes" ?

Sometimes I wonder if things that make people look twice is all that bad of an idea for a sign . The main incentive of a sign is to draw attention & something done on purpose may actually get the job done better . I like Cole Casual & comic sans though , so that might explain my thinking some  ;D .

Sometimes I wonder if things that make people look twice is all that bad of an idea for a sign . The main incentive of a sign is to draw attention & something done on purpose may actually get the job done better . I like Cole Casual & comic sans though , so that might explain my thinking some  ;D .

Agreed

i agree on some but this is a sign made for a nail salon i don't think that people would go there because the sign had a mistake like that and catch their attention...but i get your point i have seen panoramic signs upside down

Sometimes I wonder if things that make people look twice is all that bad of an idea for a sign . The main incentive of a sign is to draw attention & something done on purpose may actually get the job done better . I like Cole Casual & comic sans though , so that might explain my thinking some  :huh: .

Years ago when just the word SEX was very seldom spoke I saw an ad in the local newspaper with the headline SEX in bold letters then below that in smaller words it said now that I have your attenion and it continued with the ad.

Dan

I remember seeing ads just like that  ;D I had a printer buddy give a zillion orange business cards because he had plenty of that in stock ... I did not like them at all , but used them . I walked into the local store & looked at the card board they had & that orange business card stuck out like a sore thumb . Can't say it got me any more business , but I am sure more people read it to see what it was .

I'm not drinking (yet) but I don't see what's wrong. Is the "B" upside down or what ?    ;D

Hey WWPro ,

It looks like it could be rotated clockwise a little bit . The B looks like a different font as the top part looks wider than the bottom . Sign workrd as it caused attention & discussion . I understand that some think imperfections in anything representing the company is a reflection of the type of company or work they do .. but many people don't . Anything ( not hoorible ) that makes a pause when looking is good IMO ... otherwise you have to be looking for something to read most signs .

when you do do sign for a living your work has to be almost perfect otherwise you are not going to have costumers....when somebody recommend your work its priceless

I agree , perfect as the customer wants them . If you get a chance , stop by & ask that store if they meant for the sign to be like that .. there is a chance they wanted it like that so we would be discussing it  ;D .

when you do do sign for a living your work has to be almost perfect otherwise you are not going to have costumers....when somebody recommend your work its priceless

Sometimes the customers veiw of perfect is not the same as yours. you should slways suggest the right way to do it but in the end it is always the customers choice.

Dan