Sign in to follow this  
banzaimini1

pcut is preferating

my cutter is preferating and why i do not know hopefully someone can help i have changed the blade reset pressure it only cuts like that when it goes from left to right..anyone got any suggestions ive only had it for a little over a month and im also cutting siser heat press vinyl if this makes a difference thanks in advance

2 things to check is make sure the cartage is on the track and that the blade turns freely in the holder.  a drop of light oil or graphite will many times fix this problem

a drop of oil in the blade holder to make the blade turn freely,   also make sure that your blade is not sticking out too far.  You only need to be barely seeing it.  You can take the blade holder out of the machine, in your hand and cut across a piece of vinyl. if it cuts into the vinyl backing, it is sticking out too far. Keep readjusting until it does not cut into the vinyl backing. Replace into your cutter, then adjust the force/pressure to get the correct cutting depth. once again, it should only cut the vinyl, not  into the paper backing. Also make sure that your cutting strip does not have any gouges in it, and that it is firmly down all across the machine. 

Also, more downforce pressure, and less blade exposed will help. Might take a little "dialing" the pressure and blade in to get smooth cutting results.

I am having the same problem with my Pcut.  I have lubricated the blade, my cutting strip is in great shape and it is on track.  I have tried several different cutting pressures and it is still perforating.  It only does on cuts from left to right.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Also, where is a good place to buy parts?  I bought a second Pcut, but didn't realize that they were slightly different.  I broke the plastic clamp for the blade holder on one and after a couple minutes of cutting, the whole thing slips up and doesn't end up cutting.  I was going to exchange it with the head from the other machine, but they are different.  Thank you,

Jim

Yea- the funny Chinese have made "improvements" to the carriage arm on the PCut's, so if you have an older version, and a newer version of the unit, you will not be able to swap them unfortunately. Probably need to see if USCutter has a replacement for you- good luck.

As for the perforating issue- these units are really touchy: hardly any of the blade should be exposed from the blade holder- I mean, you should barely be able to see any blade sticking out at all. Too much blade sticking out would cause this issue. Adjusting the pressure alone will not resolve it, if the blade depth is not set right. Again, good luck!

thanks to everyone by the way everyone of you was right .. for 1-had a lil to much blade sticking out i used the half a credit card thing when i set it up buti took it in a lil more...2-pressure was set from the instructions i did some tweaking and i helped it out alot more and  3- my carriage had a big crack in it but thanks to us cutter and there awesome support staff i got a replacement..and for anyone who ever has a problem with support from us cutter i say be patient they will do al they can..and just to add ive used there support numerous times since i got my machine i also ordered a epson wf30 sublimation printer to do sub-printing and fedex lost it...i called them up and they overnighted me another...a+++++ to you guys and your support team!!