Sign in to follow this  
mcrimm

Looking for best cutting software - Sign Cut expires next wek

I have been using Sign Cut for the last year as it came with my MH721- It is adequate in cutting and I find I have to reboot alot to keep a signal going to the cutter between cuts - Could be a USB issue.

I don't know if I want to spend $86 for a one year renewal or if a better program is available. I only cut with it as I design everything in CorelDraw.

Any thoughts?:lol:?

Thanks,

Mike

Maybe I should have phrased my question differently - I really only want to cut in the program - not design. I don't want to spend a ton but I haven't looked at SignBlazer (which came with the cutter). I'd love to cut out of Coreldraw

Thanks

Mike

what operating system are you using?  Windows? Mac,  I have used Flexistarter for over 4 years, very user friendly.   It is a cutting software, and can import alot more different formats than most cutting software.  Or if you are using windows,  Signblazer is a free cutting software that can be downloaded right from the forum.  Free.

Most others are design and cutting and cost quite a bit.

You can get Flexistarter8.6 for windows  and 8.5 for Mac.   and you own it.   version 8.6 also comes in a contour cutting version for $130.  regular $99

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-Vinyl-Cutter-Flexi-Sign-Starter-MAC-/300462187986?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f4f125d2

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-Contour-Cutting-Vinyl-Cutter-flexi-starter-/280555712949?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41526c71b5

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-8-6-vinyl-cutter-FlexiSign-Flexi-Sign-NEW-/280558166114?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415291e062

I'm running Windows 7-64bit......Seem like Flexistarter may be the way to go - I'll do some research.....I hate the annual fees on software and feel that the lifetime license fee is waaaay too much money for what this program is.

Mike

I haven't used the others, but I am very happy with Flexi. Don't underestimate the utility of being able to do design work in program. If the option is there, you'll eventually find a use  :lol:

"They" say you can cut straight out of Corel. Using a serial port, and a null serial cable, set the cutter up as a printer, outline everything, then send to "printer" to cut. Haven't tried it, but some swear by it.

Is the serial port not a slower connection than USB?.....

These files are so small you would never know the difference.

that and the fact that the slowest connection out there is faster than the cutter's ability to handle it. That's why the cutters have memory.

that and the fact that the slowest connection out there is faster than the cutter's ability to handle it. That's why the cutters have memory.

USB itself is faster, but the USB-Serial adaptor inside the cutter isn't. So, if I were you, I'd go with the more stable interface