Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

Rally Car Driver & Co Driver

Getting ready to purchase an 09 Subaru STi and wanted to offer this to other guys. Ran into a couple asking for this. They want to use their own last names for the Rally Car Driver and Co Driver stickers found on WRC (World Rally Championship) cars. Kind of a fad in the Import Car World. Most use the standard White Name with Flag of their country. Well some guys want to keep it stealth looking and clean, so I told them I would do a Flat Black variation. This is what I came up with. Flat Black with Gloss Black Stars and Stripes. :huh: Stars came out awesome, picture doesn't do them justice, they are ittttty bitty lol

drivercodriver.jpg

width=800 height=387http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8485/blackflag.jpg[/img]

amazing!  that flat black and gloss black is a sweet combo  :huh:

the dudes wanted their own names, so these two are just samples i presume? ...unless your clients are pastrana and block!?

great picture you can even see the ridge detail in the finger print!

I do love the tow blacks together Mader!

mader what cuter are you using cauese it does one helluva job!!

Thanks guys, yuh the two blacks together are awesome. Creates a good look imo. When just looking at it you really don't see much, but then when u look a bit closer or the light hits it, it just pops. The stars came out unreal, this was def a test to see if my cutter could handle it. And man it was awesome. You can see how tiny they are compared to the dime. They are very small.

And yes, just like Dakota said, it's a Copam. Not too sure a MH series could do this. I had plenty of trouble trying to cut letters smaller than 1/2" with my MH series. I recut the letters with my Copam and i couldn't believe how much better it was.

These are just mockups, I chose the two most popular drivers in the US just so people knew what they were. I've already cut 3 real drivers. I'm going to make a few more flags to show off the flat back as well.

Guest fivestar

The stars came out unreal, this was def a test to see if my cutter could handle it. And man it was awesome. You can see how tiny they are compared to the dime. They are very small.

And yes, just like Dakota said, it's a Copam. Not too sure a MH series could do this. I had plenty of trouble trying to cut letters smaller than 1/2" with my MH series.

I think the MH series can :huh:http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3987.0.html

Guest fivestar

Mine sure as hell couldn't hahaha Thanks for bursting my bubble Fivestar :huh:

jk lol

:huh:;D ;D That's why I wanted you to bring yours up to me a while back.  :huh: We'd got 'er cutting like she was supposed to cut or threw it out my 2nd story window.  You made a great decision on the Copan though from what I've read/seen.

I can tell you though, I can get my GraphTec to cut better then the one listed in that picture in that thread.  I don't think the user knew how to operate it properly and she was doing a comparison on the GraphTec, Roland and US Cutter's laserpoint, which I believe she ended up keeping.  ROFLMAO

Yuh the stars you can see in the first one were clearly not done well. Just little adjustments and it will cut perfect. I just adjusted mine a tad bit. Now if i really wanted to get all into it, i could slow the cutter down and put a 60* blade in from clear cut and i could go even smaller. :)

I love my Copam. I kinda wish i bought the 54" Copam, so that I could just buy a printer. Signwarehouse offered me a Mutoh for damn cheap. This lady calls me about every day, they're worse than telemarketers. But I really wanna do the CJ500 and convert it over to a SC500 like yours. :) I have so many people telling me they need stuff printed all the time. But I also have people telling me to open my own store front.