Sign in to follow this  
IlliniCornhole

Cornhole Business Looking to Drop the Paintbrush

Hello All,

I have a small Cornhole/Bags/Bean-Toss/ etc. business in which I get a lot of custom design orders and I just can not keep up!  I have always wanted to stay away from the vinyl because in my opinion the board doesn

Guest kenya

Drew, I would get a stand. It helps having one.

You can purchase it or make one, but it sure helps having one.

I use SignBlazer.... it's simple & easy to use.

Flexi is rated high also.

Good luck.

BTW.......... Welcome !!

Definitely get the stand, you'll be happy you did!!

People LOVE custom vinyl for cornhole boards!!

Whether the boards work better or not with vinyl, atleast it will LOOK good!  ;D

Guest round2racing

The stand is imperitive, unless you have a 4 foot table that you want sitting in the middle of the floor (LOL)

SignBlazer is a really simple program.  I use Sign Blazer and Inkscape (both are free, by the way) for nearly everything.  I use Corel to design, but if the customer supplies me with a graphic, or wants something I can easily find on Google Images, I use the Inkscape.

Yes, the programs are easy to learn.  They can be frustrating, but quite a few of us on here did some work on the SignBlazer, then used the Pen attachment and a roll of paper to see if it was coming out like we intended.  I actually trained for two weeks with paper and pen in the cutter.  No sense in  wasting vinyl......

Guest round2racing

Whether the boards work better or not with vinyl, atleast it will LOOK good!  ;D

;D    :)  ;D 

;D    :)   :) 

LMAO...thanks for backing me on this!  ;D  ;D

Definately get the stand. as for software, I like SignBlazer. It was easy for me to learn.

Thanks for all of your responses guys!

OK, so I'll get the stand and the standard SignBlazer program for the Refine.  Do I need any other programs to do the 'design' work?  Might be a dumb question but I really don't know. Corel, Inkscape...;D

Also, vectorizing?:)??  Is this hard to do?  I see a lot of requests for 'you pro's' to vertorize things for people on here.

This is probably more advanced then I'll get but, could I use my Refine (with what software?) to plot on coroplast?  What markers are the best and cheapest for this too?

Thanks in advance for all the great responses!

Best,

Drew

IlliniCornhole.com

Where are you at in Illinois.. I do cornhole boards and bags as well. If you need help setting up a cutter or graphics on boards just let me know.

BEARdown

Vectorizing is very easy if you have a good image to work with.  Lots of the requests you see for help stem from having to work with crappy images supplied by customers.  So the other answer is vectorizing is very hard if you have a bad image to work with.

I have seen some of the folks on here work miracles pulling a cuttable image from terrible bitmaps!  I do mine myself for the most part and have learned a lot on the forum.

-Mike