The odds are fairly safe doing anything considering all the blatant copyrighted stuff on e-bay , but the law about copyright is making the stuff to the best of my knowledge ... not displaying , using , selling/reselling etc . Like you said some things are less of a gamble , but it is still a roll of the dice IMO .

I agree , it was a childfest around here for awhile . I thought I would mention the posts being deleted because with them gone , when I reread the thread ( can you tell I am having a boring day ?  :( ) the train of thought was worse than usual .

.... the train of thought was worse than usual .

That one is just to easy so I'll pass!  :(

But the comment about the chevron logo...

I'm assuming most if not all franchises would give rights to reproduce the logos

I'll stick with my earlier comment, call and ask permission, how hard can it be?

And beats a $10,000 fine for a $2 sale...

Oh my bad, i deleted that post!  :(

" Oh my bad, i deleted that post!  "

That was childish < shakes head slowly >  :thumbsup:

" Oh my bad, i deleted that post!  "

That was childish < shakes head slowly >   ;D

:(:thumbsup::D

Wow. It has been a very interesting 17 pages. Hopefully we hear from the OP to see what the outcome was for her case. Thanks for the good info ppl provided.

I would not hold my breath waiting to see it posted ( a definite record/proof in case of a non-disclosure agreement { 99.999 % certainty there is 1 } ...  :D . I'm wondering if anybody will ever get interested enough to call Lara  ( Lara's phone #  816-564-0516 )  ;D

If you go to the original posters profile you can click on recent posts and read a few entrys she posted on the subject. Looks like as of July therens nothing else posted by her... wonder is she's been taken to guantanamo bay?

Her last post about the lawsuit was July 23, 09. last time she log'd in was March 19th, 2010.

My guess is she's settled and laying low.....

settlement may have included a gag order about the lawsuit :D

hmmmm - where have I heard that before :D

That does sound familiar for some odd reason  :D ( I betcha Bayotle has already counted how many times that has been implied ... BTW , He is the right side of me  :D )

this is BS i just set here and read this thread just to find out that is just like a good book. crazy start, funny middle, and a stupid ending. i think that she should have to pay any and all expenses just because she started this and never ended it. just like she probably got a C&D in the mail and never opened it.

another perspective ; The story may be far from over ... what you think may not be in the plot of this " book " . I hope Lara did not have to pay anything & the her lawyer gave her a rebate  :D . I bet if this happened to you & ( what's that word :D ) a non-disclosure ( gag order ) was agreed to .. you might not want to post something that would be the proof you violated that order . If you read this & are going by what was said , the Dewalt decal in question was the 1rst & only Dewalt decal she made , so i doupt she got a C & D letter from them .

Lara's warning may have saved many of us from being in the same situation . Thanks Lara ( If she ever stops back in  :D )

another perspective ; The story may be far from over ... what you think may not be in the plot of this " book " . I hope Lara did not have to pay anything & the her lawyer gave her a rebate  :D . I bet if this happened to you & ( what's that word :D ) a non-disclosure ( gag order ) was agreed to .. you might not want to post something that would be the proof you violated that order . If you read this & are going by what was said , the Dewalt decal in question was the 1rst & only Dewalt decal she made , so i doupt she got a C & D letter from them .

Lara's warning may have saved many of us from being in the same situation . Thanks Lara ( If she ever stops back in  :D )

roger i can agree with you on most of the points. but i just don't see this kinda lawsuit for just one sticker. if you read the law they have to 1st send you a C & D then and only then can they take you to court. i know that we all have cut copyrighted stuff some of us just got caught.

sorry for the rant earlier but it's like reading a great book and the last chapter is torn out, it just sucks! ohwell i hope all is well with her

Lara's warning may have saved many of us from being in the same situation . Thanks Lara ( If she ever stops back in  :) )

roger i can agree with you on most of the points. but i just don't see this kinda lawsuit for just one sticker. if you read the law they have to 1st send you a C & D then and only then can they take you to court. i know that we all have cut copyrighted stuff some of us just got caught.

sorry for the rant earlier but it's like reading a great book and the last chapter is torn out, it just sucks! ohwell i hope all is well with her

Reminds me more of those alien encounter/abduction documentary shows where someone tells a story then a bunch of people give their entertaining impression of why they believe it to be true and then it ends without even showing an alien.

For all we know the US Copyright Office started a bunch of these stories in sign forums only to force the fear into those of us challenged by the ethics dilemma associated with this industry.

But then, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Anyone have a vector of a Disneyland logo they care to share? LOL!  :D

That does sound familiar for some odd reason  :D ( I betcha Bayotle has already counted how many times that has been implied ... BTW , He is the right side of me  :) )

Are you trying to imply I have AD?? :D

And umm I'm to the LEFT, if you didn't know, West Virginia is EAST

As far as the photo, i'm looking away from you, not AT you!! I hate staring at your fugly puss! :D

<-- the smarter (and better looking) twin

(Oh and the count was twice on this page alone!  :) )

Being in the " Hot Seat " has a different effect than being a casually reader on the side lines . I have been there ( Hot-Seat " ) , done that & gotten the T-Shirt . I have not read the actual law , but like Roxanne , I don't believe there is any law that says a C&D letter has to be sent , that is just some companies policy .

That does sound familiar for some odd reason  :D ( I betcha Bayotle has already counted how many times that has been implied ... BTW , He is the right side of me  :) )

Are you trying to imply I have AD?? :D

And umm I'm to the LEFT, if you didn't know, West Virginia is EAST

As far as the photo, i'm looking away from you, not AT you!! I hate staring at your fugly puss! :D

<-- the smarter (and better looking) twin

(Oh and the count was twice on this page alone!  :) )

My Avatar which are purdier than yourn shows my left side , your avatar shows your right side .. so you are right & I am wrong ... I mean left  :)

" <-- the smarter (and better looking) twin " Hey I has always said you is a fart smeller .... i mean a smart feller  ;D

I called Lara , got a answering machine & left a meassage . Hopefully we can get some closure on her situation . I sent plenty of positive Karma via mind mail  :D .

Lara's warning may have saved many of us from being in the same situation . Thanks Lara ( If she ever stops back in  :) )

Being in the " Hot Seat " has a different effect than being a casually reader on the side lines . I have been there ( Hot-Seat " ) , done that & gotten the T-Shirt . I have not read the actual law , but like Roxanne , I don't believe there is any law that says a C&D letter has to be sent , that is just some companies policy .

don't mean made the tshirt? :D

• Like 1

quote " Reminds me more of those alien encounter/abduction documentary shows where someone tells a story then a bunch of people give their entertaining impression of why they believe it to be true and then it ends without even showing an alien.

For all we know the US Copyright Office started a bunch of these stories in sign forums only to force the fear into those of us challenged by the ethics dilemma associated with this industry.

But then, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Anyone have a vector of a Disneyland logo they care to share? LOL!  :D

The US Copyright Office does not care about violations enough to do anything like that IMO . It is the companies ( & the scam legal companies that sue for a percentage ) that object to free advertisement that do the policing & enforcement .

I assumed the comment about you not being a conspiracy theorist was sarcastic & got a good chuckle out of it :D . I enjoyed your humor in asking for a Disney logo .. well done ( insert thumb's up icon )  I think  Disney , Harley-Davidson ( Hardley-Ableson : ) ) are at or near the top of the pro-active copyright infringement defenders list .

" don't mean made the tshirt? "

could be  :D .... on 2nd thought .. I got it from my right side  :D

" don't mean made the tshirt? "

could be  :D .... on 2nd thought .. I got it from my right side  :D

Forget the thumbs up smelly, er smiley, I want a p'd off smiley!!! X(

AND WTH is wrong with being a conspiracy theorist?? X(

Thinking your side of the brain is defective!!!  :D