Sign in to follow this  
Pappy

Father day sale sign.....

Cut a few of these to see if I would get any interest seeing fd is next week.  They sold like crazy! 

I stopped by lumber yards, garden centers, gun shops, hunting/fishing stores, hardware stores, used car lots, grill building shops,

boat stores, I hit just about anywhere a man would shop.  AND the great thing about it, EVERYONE whether they bought one or

not appreciated me asking if they needed some help increasing their sales for fathers day.  Saying that I handed each one, one of

my June's specials flyers.  So even if they didn't buy, they will remember me.

I'm telling ya if ya need a few bucks, try it out!

NOW, while driving around I thought about oil change places...  But my sign reads fathers day sale....  SO I stopped by an oil change

place and showed them the sign,  THEN I told them that I would make one saying Dads Appreciation Week,  $5 Off Oil Change for Dads

all this week!  So on monday he will place 10 signs at 5 different oil change shops he owns, at $25 a pop.  Easy money for one stop.

I charged $20 for the signs and am going to make some more tomorrow and hit the road again. 

later....

Pappy

fathersday.jpg

Hey mw...  its not too late!  Fathers day is a week from this Sunday.  SO the shopping begins this weekend.  So you've got a couple of really good days to hit the trails....  Just picked up a magnetic sign order from one of my flyers today!  And it was one of the people who did not buy a sign, so at least I got

a flyer into their hands. 

Heck I just didn't have anything bringing in $$$ for the last couple of weeks.  Computer programming is dead,  no one wants to spend the money on their systems right now.  The sign business has been slowwwwww.....  the last couple of weeks.  SO I figured what the heck, gotta do something.

I'm going to remember the holidays from now on...  Every occasion/holiday I'm going to create some sales signs and see what happens.  This has been nice....

AND another one I'm going to put in my mental notebook.  VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL.  Dang there's a lot of those signs out and about. 

And I should know.... I'm a pastor also.  :thumbsup:

Go for it!

Pappy

Great idea!

Now where did you go once you went into these places. Usually counter workers are clueless about anything lol

This is a great idea....makes it a little less awkward to come into a place and present your business as well.

Hitting the streets is always a good idea I think!

I didn't even think about father's day, so thanks for the tip.  What is everyone thinking about the 4th of July.  It's not far off.  I missed Memorial day and the MIA/POW sticker that I have, so I'm trying to think in advance.  Tryin to learn the business.

I've tried a couple of different formats with flyers....  Lots of graphics, pretty, and so forth. 

This current one pulls better than any of the others. 

Simple and plain. 

later...

Pappy

fly.pdf

fly.pdf

Pappy, those are some great ideas.  It's a good way to drum up some new businesses while putting some needed money in your pocket!

What size coroplast is that?

Thanks for the inspiration.  :thumbsup:

Hey Pappy -

Stepping out in "Great Faith" to go beyond and Out of the natural into the SUPERNATURAL is so good  :thumbsup:  And look...you made great contacts and got some business while at it!  Love the sign and it gives me great ideas as well.

Thanks

Dazzel