Sign in to follow this  
repodon

how to do

i have a question to ask like always

i have some one that is wanting text done on there back window and is there away that i can do it all at once it is 5 lines one beneath the other i have a 24 in p cut i know i will need at least one inch on each side

Ive thought about doing each line separate but just what the pros suggestion on this matter thanks

the window is 30inches wide x 52 inches long

is there away i can do it all at once with out doing it each line separate

sure you can do all 5 lines under each other,  just design it in your signware like you want it and send it to the cutter

Yep just design it that way in your cut program, no reason to do them separate, would be really fun trying to line them all up on the window, this way you only have to get it square once and stick it.

I cut all together if at all possible. The small amount of vinyl between rows that you save are not worth the aggravation. If your machine will not cut all at one time,  halve it horizontally. My .02

This might be a stupid question ... how big are the five lines of text supposed to be? Are they wanting text for the full height of the window?

If you only have a 24 LP, then your overall text size couldn't realistically be more than 22" or so, and that wouldn't leave a whole lot for any drift that might happen.

Use paper app tape, and do a wet application.

the letters are  4inches high by 3 1/2 inches wide

what I'm not understanding is and affraid of is the window is 30inches wide by 52 inches long  that wont give me enough space on my cutter which is 24inch cutter i need to leave at least one inch on each side for the red dot safety button

how would i do it since my cutter is only 24 inches say 22 inches for 1 inches per side for the red button thanks sorry  all 

I wouldn't try to put that all on in one peice anyway. Why don't you do a couple line on one 15" peice then a couple more lines on another 15" peice. Then it is easier to install.

I install like Jay said  :thumbsup: . I use pencil marks , squares & do alot of measuring & still step away to look at it for alignment ( I hinge the decal because that is much easier for me to align correctly ) . Some just go for it , & get it right on 99% of the time ... but after doing 1 of my trucks.. it was like a magnet drawing my eyes to the imperfect alignment until I re-did it .

I wouldn't try to put that all on in one peice anyway. Why don't you do a couple line on one 15" peice then a couple more lines on another 15" peice. Then it is easier to install.

I install like Jay said  :thumbsup: . I use pencil marks , squares & do alot of measuring & still step away to look at it for alignment ( I hinge the decal because that is much easier for me to align correctly ) . Some just go for it , & get it right on 99% of the time ... but after doing 1 of my trucks.. it was like a magnet drawing my eyes to the imperfect alignment until I re-did it .

+1  :thumbsup:

I've found that the more you can put up at once the less chance for error. If you dont feel like you can handle something that large tile it. Cut the decal and ap tape to the weed box and leave the tape from the first decal. Then just line the edges and sides up with the ap tape from the first segment? That way you only have to get your first peace square where you want it and the rest falls into place.

thanks all and jay and humana i will try this as i am scared i will mess it all up and then have to redo it and look stupid

there are 5 lines all total

thanks all a really appreciate this very much you guys/ gals are the pros of this thanks

You might want to try doing this, use registration marks to line things up. Not the typical reference to "registration marks" (alignment lines would be a better description), but you get the idea. When you tape the graphics up use your level or square. Use the cutter to your advantage. When you squeegee the text on, just don't apply a lot of pressure to the alignment lines. After the install just peal them away, done.

You could just cut it in two sections.  15" each and that would make it a little easier to intstall and get strait.  All I can say is measure, measure, measure and measure again before you apply.  You dont make money when you have to redo something. 

You might want to try doing this, use registration marks to line things up. Not the typical reference to "registration marks" (alignment lines would be a better description), but you get the idea. When you tape the graphics up use your level or square. Use the cutter to your advantage. When you squeegee the text on, just don't apply a lot of pressure to the alignment lines. After the install just peal them away, done.

This is a good idea. Even just use registration marks to aling the different peices.

Hey Mr Peabody ,

Thanks , that is a great idea & I'm going to start using it  ;) . I always am measuring & marking the middle of the decal , now I'll use your suggestion & make a line coming from the center vertically & horizontally . That is going to save me some time & will be more accurate . I move decals off center sometimes when i think the " visual " center is different enough to notice .

You guys are welcome, it's good for multi-lines of text, single lines or just centering the graphic - It's the mechanical designer in me, always lookin for the simple way to get r done. Besides I'm lazy  ;)

Glad it helps out.  ;D

THANK YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS DISASTER I WAS GOING TO DO AND SCREW IT ALL TO HELL  THANKS TO YOU PROS  I GOT IT THANKS ABUNCH   

AND    ONCE    AGAIN    THANK    YOU

DONald 

Guest round2racing

Peabody,

You really are a genius, aren't you!!!!

Don - You do know that you will need to post pics of the finished product when you're done, right?  ;)