Sign in to follow this  
Z

Too low or no...?

I bid a job to do a single color, 2 line text banner, 10" green Oracal 651 on white 10 oz vinyl (will probably use 13 oz instead) 2.1/2' tall X 8' long, Told the guy I'd do it for $75.00. Any thoughts?

Z

I bid a job to do a single color, 2 line text banner, 10" green Oracal 651 on white 10 oz vinyl (will probably use 13 oz instead) 2.1/2' tall X 8' long, Told the guy I'd do it for $75.00. Any thoughts?

Z

Signcraft pricing guide says $81 for 11oz or around that and $115 for 13oz  :thumbsup:

Yeah what John said. I like signcraft, their price guide will get you pretty close. :huh:

you'll make decent money at that price. Around here, $85 would be the going rate. If you are hapy and the customer is happy,that's all that matters.

Z

Got the job.  :thumbsup:  Will deliver to customer in about 2 weeks as he doesn't need it before then. Will post pics after he installs it.  :thumbsup: Thanks to all who responded.  :thumbsup: I had an idea I was in the ballpark, but wanted confirmation.

Z

man i must be in the right area. Before I knew I was going to do this vinyl thing, my regular job ordered a couple 3'w x 4'h banners to hang in the hallway for their 35th anniversary. The local sign shop charged $140 per banner. It was all text no graphics with a 1 inch border around it. Blue banner, silver vinyl. 4 lines of text with a big 35 in the middle. We even provided the design.

Whats that equate to... $12 a square foot basically.

Guessing 2.1/2' is the same thing as 2.5':thumbsup:  ... x8'  .. if so .. 2.5 x 8 = 20 sq. ft.

I never give my customers more options than they can handle so I always stick

with the same rule ... I use the banner material I have on the roll I just bought ... (again, not giving options).

I never give them more than 25 or so FONT choices, (unless there picky, and have there own in mind)

and a good rule of thumb, and usually a LOW side of prices for banners is $7.50 sq ft. (not seamed, but grommeted) .. I never seam unless asked for and charge more for .. (I have banners 8+ years old without seams)

so you probably just bid yourself in half ...

The next competitor down the road was asking $195 ... I promise you.

U.S. prices ... west coast ... seattle area ... it's all different

SeaTek <---

<-----------edit------------>

contents of banner no matter what it is, is always same price .. (just text, or graphics + text, no difference)  if your good, this shouldn't matter, even with a difficult cut and weed, you should still average out to the better, one cut, five cuts, one color or six ... stick to a rule of thumb and you'll do fine ..

<-----edit to the edit------->

only use signcraft as a guide... use the economy and your area as a guide .. only you can guage how much your time and efforts are worth ... check out other sign shops by acting like a nOOb and going into them and finding out for yourself .. check out ALL, not just SOME of the shops in your area ... do NOT under charge for your work ... you are worth 85 to a 100 bucks an hour ... dont forget it .. (that's if your as good as I)  ........  MuHaHaHaHaHa!!! ... good luck ..

this will be the final edit ... peace out .. and good luck ..

SeaTek <---

I've never seen anybody sell banners that weren't hemmed...here or anywhere else. I have seen many grommets tear out even when hemmed...can't imagine how easily it would happen with no hems.

banners not hemmed?? Never thought to do it that way........other then the grommet issue....I feel it wouldn't give it a nice 'clean' look. 

These banners get alot of abuse by the weather, I believe hemming them is the only way to go.