Vinyl Guy

octagon

It appears to me that these few fear competition...that sharing knowledge with others that may be starting in the business and possibly doing this as part-time work may undercut them somehow and put them out of business.  It's paranoia, for sure.

Guest fivestar

LOL........I told you all he was still here. 

LOL........I told you all he was still here. 

Darn you are good!  ;)  But we knew that!  :D

You never have a second chance to make a first impression and boy did he make a big one. I have no doubt that he is back on the other site or will be soon bashing this forum,.

Man , is that ugly ... & the car is a funny colored green !  ;)

I believe i could cut better looking vinyl with my Puma White Hunter Knife than that. And its already falling off the car. ;)

Piss yellow & puke green :D

;) , John Milnor... American Graffitti . That is an Awesome movie , though the car in the picture above doesn't deserve the comparison , even though it was an insult coming from Harrison Forf ( Alot of first appearances for prominant actors in that movie )

Guest stunad, jr.

simplified version.

A regular octagon is an octagon in which all eight sides are the exact same length.

Step 1.

Draw a square corresponding to the same basic size you want your regular octagon to be. Use a protractor to measure the sides at right angles and measure to make sure that all four sides are the same length.

Step 2.

Measure a right triangle based off of the corners of each square such that cutting. Label the sides of the triangle "x" and the hypotenuse "c". "C" needs to be the same length as the sides of the square that would remain if you cut off the corners, which you will determine in Steps 3 and 4.

Step 3.

Determine length of "x." You can do this by solving the following equation: x √ 2 = 1 - 2x (x times the square root of 2 equals 1 minus 2x), where 1 equals the side of each square (2x + c).

Step 4.

Determine the length of "c" by applying the Pythagorean theorem: 2x squared equals c squared. This is the standard equation used to determine the sides of a triangle, which is the shape you want to cut from the corners of each square in order to make a regular octagon. You can theoretically obtain "c" simply be performing Step 3 and the measuring a length of "x" down both sides of each corner, but this step ensures that your calculations will be correct.

Step 5.

Measure your square for the lengths of "x" and "c" as you have calculated, then cut each of the four corners at "c." You should now have a regular octagon.

EASY AS THAT!

Guest stunad, jr.

that must be one hell of a smart 11 mo old ;):)

sure, here he is!

post-0-12986532443389_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986532489529_thumb.jpg

Guest stunad, jr.

ok, I had my fill with this.  I'm putting it to bed.  I had my fun............... plus probably annoying everyone here

that must be one hell of a smart 11 mo old ;):)

sure, here he is!

thats funny

dont quit we need some one to poke fun at

plus I think every one is gettin a laugh at his expense

This thread has just about run it's course. Whioe I agree with some (most,actually) that has been said, some things have come very close to crossing the line. SO..It 5pm ET I am locking the thread.That gives anyone who still has something to say 5 hours to say it. But be somewhat nice..opinions are one thing, name calling and profanity are another. There are a few decent people over at 101. You just don't notice them for the others.

This thread has just about run it's course. Whioe I agree with some (most,actually) that has been said, some things have come very close to crossing the line. SO..It 5pm ET I am locking the thread.That gives anyone who still has something to say 5 hours to say it. But be somewhat nice..opinions are one thing, name calling and profanity are another. There are a few decent people over at 101. You just don't notice them for the others.

;):)

I have spent a good chunk of my morning reading these threads......  Not that long ago I was a newb also. I signed up on signs 101 then, looked around and was VERY happy that i found this forum.

WE are a great bunch of people who care and share and TEACH each other. I am not too worried about competition from other members up here, probably a different story down in the States but no-one seems

too worried about it on this forum and it shows in the responses given. Seems we are a mature bunch of people who realize that we are all just trying to survive and make a life for ourselves.

From what I have learned on here and with a HUGE learning curve, I gained the confidence to get a Roland sp300. Big chunk 'o money and scared out of my pants,but I took a chance and it has turned out pretty good for me and my family. As for my trusty pcut.. I won't replace it until it blows up and then probably with the laser version.

All in all- these are just typed words and "sticks and stones" comes to mind, so don't get too bent out of shape about other peoples "opinions" as I have GREAT faith in this forum and it will be around for a long time.

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings   

Bill

Ps.

if anyone wants a great deal on some digital printed, copyright infringed, questionable material, stolen from another forum, just pm me!

I believe i could cut better looking vinyl with my Puma White Hunter Knife than that. And its already falling off the car. ;)

That car is painted with house paint.

It was for a local Enduro race

200 laps no rules

75 cars on a track

DSCN2629.jpg

l_84bef5aace084e8f3e3a860e0fd009b7.jpg

l_9abf6af4569acab330a418b75070b2b2.jpg

l_08cd1670dcb90a598768b6cb870a7b1c.jpg

l_1ce2fe9b457f8c2faaf6ca29d2ad7085.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

width=800 height=600http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x140/urbangreenz28/IMG_5610-1.jpg[/img]

n49006160_30589063_1584.jpg

But my vinyl work must be ok.. I mean its on rockets

width=450 height=600http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v63/27/89/49006160/n49006160_30546177_4201.jpg[/img]

n49006160_30546159_3902.jpg

Totally amazing what a simple request for a octagon has turned into.

Really disappointing.

Flames, personal attacks, etc.

D

Guest fivestar

H.O.G. nice gig there on getting the vinyl on the rocket.  I know I've seen you somewhere before, you happen to be a member of signforums.com?  I've seen that rocket posted before and thought it was there.

Guest stunad, jr.

you mean to tell me with your daddy being a mechanic he cant get you a better car than a POS '94 intergra?   pffft.  

Business must be reeeeel slow in your neck of the woods.  I cant imagine anyone of any integrity actually purchasing a sign from that teen hangout you call a shop in a bay of dad's gas station.

Japanese motor scooters too???   HA HA HA OMG.   I cant take it anymore.....

BTW, I'm amazed at your abilities.  Quite impressive.   ;):D:)

Please post here the picture of your daughter in your shop.  I need something to submit to child services.

you mean to tell me with your daddy being a mechanic he cant get you a better car than a POS '94 intergra?   pffft.  

Business must be reeeeel slow in your neck of the woods.  I cant imagine anyone of any integrity actually purchasing a sign from that teen hangout you call a shop in a bay of dad's gas station.

Japanese motor scooters too???   HA HA HA OMG.   I cant take it anymore..... 

BTW, I'm amazed at your abilities.  Quite impressive.   ;):D:)

Please post here the picture of your daughter in your shop.  I need something to submit to child services.

We sell scooters too. Making killing with gas prices going up.

But all of this talk about how shitty my shop is but no pic of your guys places!

That is my DD.

My weekend car is a Camaro. Fully built all of the good stuff. 383ci-9inch blah blah

true_streetcar-11-15-08-13.jpg

true_streetcar-11-15-08-57.jpg

true_streetcar-11-15-08-38.jpg

Guest stunad, jr.

LOL

:):D:)

I'll give you $800 for that POS.

You'd need to get rid of that godforsaken green color.  Maybe you can wrap it with your awesome "house of grafix" design?

$1200 if you throw the integra in.

:D;):D