Sign in to follow this  
2GuysSign

What Companies do you use for supplies?

Right now my 2 main sources for supplies is:

Fellers - for all vinyl, app tape, squeegees, X-acto knife blades

Pioneer Sign Supply - for Substrates, Illuminated Sign Parts (Lamps, Ballasts, Sockets, Transformers) & Extrusion for making sign cabinets!

The reason i use these 2 companies is that they are close by.  Fellers and pioneer both have a warehouses in Pennsauken, NJ so it no more that 20 min drive for me.  This is cool because im always in a pinch for supplies needed quickly.

I would like to use USCutter, but most of the time i dont plan job installs too far in advance.  i like to get the jobs done as quick as my quality control lets me!

What Supply Companies do you use?

when i first started, i used SignWarehouse, but its the same with USCutter, I cant wait for shipping!

Unfortunately I don't have any large supply companies nearby, so I rely mainly on having supplies shipped to me...yeah it stinks...but I search for companies close enough to get me the supplies within a couple of days.

If I really have to have something I could drive to Fellers, but it's 2.5 hours from me, one way.

I think my next relocation will be slightly based on nearby suppliers, so I can have my supplies right away!  ;D

My local supply company is  www.mumpowersignsupply.com

In a lot of cases,their prices are so much lower than fellers, even if I had to pay shipping I would come out ahead

My local supply company is  www.mumpowersignsupply.com

In a lot of cases,their prices are so much lower than fellers, even if I had to pay shipping I would come out ahead

I dont mind paying a little more, i just need some supplies right away!

even 2-3 days hurts.  I try to have quick turnaround.  Especially on Intermediate and Translucent vinyls which i usually stock, but there is that problem when your in the middle of a job and need supply right away.  My customers can wait for Specialty Vinyls!

Guest fivestar

I get my stuff from different places.  I use my local supplier for substrates and colored vinyl, I get my oracal from US Cutter and my heatpress vinyl from Joto Paper.

Heat press is my next step...  Some of my customers bust my balls about t-shirts for their businesses, and i havent gone into that part of the business!

Guest fivestar

Heat press is my next step...  Some of my customers bust my balls about t-shirts for their businesses, and i havent gone into that part of the business!

You may be changing your name to 4 Guys Signs and Shirt Service.  ;D:):( T-shirts are a good part of my business.  Even though when I first started out I didn't like doing them.  Seemed like alot of work to produce 1 shirt, but once I got the hang of it I can knock 'em out fairly quick now.  LOL especially if doing plastisol transfers.

The service part of the company name is because we repair illuminated signs.  in fact that is the biggest part of my company.  most of our work is repair work!

Vinyl stuff... #1. Sign Warehouse(currently), #2 Fellers, #3 Ordway Sign Supply

Clothing stuff... #1. Jiffy Shirts

Caribbean Signs Supplies, local sign shop. I can get what I need really fas, no wait for shipping.

Fellers, cause they have an outlet here in Philly on my way home

All hardware, definately US Cutter, would never buy elsewhere

for heat press Im still evaluating, US Cutter for Siser, Imprintables for Spectra, and I think someone is sending me some thermoflex to try, so far, honestly, I like the Spectra eco, because it really is easy to weed, I find Siser a pain in the butt to weed the plastic sheet is, omg, sticky as hell and the spectra even cut better.. not that this is a product review or anything :)

Wayne

vinyl and magnetics and heat press........Signwarehouse, if I order by 3pm..I have it next day

Shirts........www.ssactivewear.com

N Glantz for most vinyl and substrates.  They are 15 minutes away and competive on price.

Signwarehouse for 15" Oracal 631.

BannerJohn's guy for banner stock.

Fellers, Wensco, Imprintables, and Stahls for vinyl/sign supplies, also a local sign supplier too.

Broder Bros, One Stop, SS Activewear, Heritage Sportswear, Teamwork Athletic, Augusta, Charles River, Toppers, hmmm too many to list for garments/promo items.

dose anybody use beacon? are they reliable, they seem to carry a wide variety of  supplies. i myself am new to all of this, and i was planning on ordering stuff from them

Over here in southern california i use many companies for substrate and translucent vinyl and things for same day jobs  #1 sign mart #2 ordway #3 montroy #4 n-glantz&sons but for stuff i don't need in one day i pick up from uscutters

dose anybody use beacon? are they reliable, they seem to carry a wide variety of  supplies. i myself am new to all of this, and i was planning on ordering stuff from them

I've used beacon a few times and their shipping was on point with delivery the next day for me (their in NJ im in MD)

Fellers is local to me and they always seem to be on time .... if they don't have it for pick up that day its at your house / shop next day most times .... And there outside Baltimore if you haven't used them John

Fellers is local to me and they always seem to be on time .... if they don't have it for pick up that day its at your house / shop next day most times .... And there outside Baltimore if you haven't used them John

Well i refuse to use Fellers since i ordered 3 yards of a color one time and they charged me like $10 shipping on it. They told me that they couldn't tell me the shipping until i gave them my CC info and i was desperate for the 3 yards of that color for a small job so i did it.