bigtracy

Roland CutStudio Question?????

Hello everyone,

I have a serious issue.  I want to upgrade to a larger cutter and would love to get one of these UScutter, but I realized that almost my entire cuttable graphic collection is in Roland CutStudio .cst format files.  Since cutstudio will not export to .eps or anything else, I will have to have a cutter that I can cut with using Roland CutStudio.  Can someone please tell me if these UScutters can be used with Roland cutstudio??  Are there drivers out there I can get in order to use my cutstudio software with say a Refine or Pcut cutter???  Or, is there a way to import cutstudio .cst files into another program?  If so, software program is it?

Please help, I am currently using a Roland SV-8 cutter and really need a 24" cutter minimum, but I don't want to lose all the files I have created over the years in CutStudio and I also don't want to pay the price for a Roland 24" cutter.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

I know that my pcut is compatible with the roland drivers, In theory, once you have the driver loaded up on your computer, and it recognizes the cutter in your computer, you should be able to choose the cutter in the setup of whatever program you have.  Ive never had the chance to play with any of rolands software, but every other program Ive tried has linked up just fine to my cutter from uscutters.

You mean you selected a vector in cut-studio, copied it to the clipboard and pasted into Flexi and it worked fine without having to do any touch up work to it??

I wonder if it would work like that in other programs too?

Thanks Dylan.

BTW, where did you get your copy of Flexi??

Yes Tracy, it was a simple cut & paste form cut studio into Flexi, just had to check the sizing prior to cutting most were the same a few changed.

You have to find a windows print driver to use other cutters with cut studio, have found a few that worked, but none reliably or consistently, often times would work a time or two, but nothing reliable or consistent.

I had been using cut studio with the Adobe Illustrator plug-in previously, I too had a large collection, well not as large as the collection I have now, but quite a few of cut studio files as well.  I have a Roland PNC-1000 cutter as well as the Refine MH-721.  The Refine is a good unit for it's price & paid for itself quickly.

Dylan

look at this post  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,113.0.html

yeah you can download the trial version of SignBlazer to make sure your stuff comes out right too.

wayne

Thanks for the help guys!  ;)

I have been looking at the Refine and may end up buying one, but was unsure about whether I could get it to work.

Dylan, Do you use yours with a USB port?  If so, does it run ok.  Just wondering cause I have no serial port on my computer, just USB.

Tracy,

thanx for asking this question as I too have a roland sticka 12 ans was wondering if i would be able to use the files I have accumulated. I'm waiting on my pcut to get here but I got the software that comes with the cutter ( signblazer) not the flexi one. I sure hope i can use my cut files with it!

Renee

I use a serial port, as the usb connection was unreliable, from what I understand, a usb to serial converter works more reliably that just a usb port, I would recommend buying a serial port card & putting it into the computer.

I know that my pcut is compatible with the roland drivers, In theory, once you have the driver loaded up on your computer, and it recognizes the cutter in your computer, you should be able to choose the cutter in the setup of whatever program you have.  Ive never had the chance to play with any of rolands software, but every other program Ive tried has linked up just fine to my cutter from uscutters.

Hello,

Would anyone be able to give me the steps to get my (roland cut choice program) to recognize my (uscutter mh365) . They are both loaded in the computer,  just need to be linked  together. I am new to this so any helpful steps will greatly appreciated.

Thanks,   Ron   ( windows XP home)

Hello,

Would anyone be able to give me the steps to get my (roland cut choice program) to recognize my (uscutter mh365) . They are both loaded in the computer,  just need to be linked  together. I am new to this so any helpful steps will greatly appreciated.

Thanks,   Ron   ( windows XP home)

I doubt you will, It is probably only for a Roland vinyl cutter.  Just like Cutting Master2 is made for a Graphtec.

And if you really think you can, then call Roland tech support.