Primal Rage Outdoors

Cold Weather Installations

I have watched the videos, but has anyone actually done cold weather installs on window graphics, in Michigan the weather was in the 40s last week, and I used rapid tac, and arlon vinyl but they would not stick AT ALL !, now I gotta redo the graphics and try again this weekend, gonna pick up rapid tac II, I even used a heat gun, but the tape I was using is the r-tape clear which is a lot like medical tape, I really don't care for it, any ideas here before I waste some more of my money and time, lol ? also Note i cleaned the glass twice and applied juz like the vids, but it wouldn't set fer nothing, very discouraging.

so it would be smarter to go with a low or medium tac, paper then, I did a truck tailgate with the clear and it came out very nice, but I had to do a couple layers Kamakazii style cause I had no help that day, what do you suggest for app tape than Banner ?

paper tape for wet...the best I have found is PerfecTear by main tape.

turn on the defroster, I did one last week both front and rear windows just turned on the defrost. i did it the rear wet (sucked) and the front dry with clear tape but I let it set ie. they drove around (taxi) with the defrost on, then peeled tape off later.

MainTape here also. We pick it up from fellers for $48 for a 24" roll. You should not do wet app with cleartape. Thasts a no no... it will give you troubles. When you use paper tape after you have applied the graphic to the glass then spray the paper with fluid and then wait a min or two and then peel off.

I have done some cold apps with clear tape and rapid tac I and II without too much problem.

I just made sure that the decal was secured in position, and I squeegee the #@!! out of it.

I will say that for wet app, I would not recommend clear app tape though; the paper tape is much easier!

turn on the defroster, I did one last week both front and rear windows just turned on the defrost. i did it the rear wet (sucked) and the front dry with clear tape but I let it set ie. they drove around (taxi) with the defrost on, then peeled tape off later.

If it is a big application and will take some time,remember that the stuff coming out of the tail pipe that you are beathing is poison. Do it OUTSIDE and take frequent breaks even then.

Well, thanks to all you helped with the info, got the job done, used Rapid Tac II and TransferRite Ultra 560U paper tape, took my time , squeeged the hell out of it and it all stayed on  5 -36''x73" windows with graphics. Thank God, LOL, thanks again, now they want their main sign done, which is 8'x22'  2 sides, where do i get banners that big, damn, lol !

I am pretty sure that one of my suppliers can do that size. I know that raw banner material comes in 8 foot rolls. Anyway, they are located in Atlanta, and the toll free number is:

1-800-745-0141  ask for Chris or Amanda

they charge me $.65 cents a square foot,hemmed and grommeted. Any color.

I've done 8x20 and it wasn't easy on a 5x8 work table but it wasn't as hard as it sounds either.

FWIW, most automotive side and rear windows are tempered glass and can be safely heated.  Although windshields and now some cars are laminated glass.  Don't heat those.

Most manufacturers don't recommend wet applications below about 60 to 70F.

These were picture windows on the building, I will post finished pics, when I get up there with my cam, thanks for the info John, I will call them this week to get some pricing, my table is 4x8, this is gonna be entertaining, but profitable, lol

These were picture windows on the building, I will post finished pics, when I get up there with my cam, thanks for the info John, I will call them this week to get some pricing, my table is 4x8, this is gonna be entertaining, but profitable, lol

when you get ready to do it, PM me and I'll give you my phone # and tell you the easiest way that I have found on a table that size.