Sign in to follow this  
Matt.S

*Pulls out hair*

issue after issue!

running the mh721, with xp desktop pc. i have a usb, lpt1, com1, cables.. tried all multipull times and i cannot get this dam thing working. it use to.. now it wont. im sure im looking over a setting or something but i cant see it anywhere.

ive got the SBE trial version. very basic program so i also "aquired" Vinylmaster Pro. which i prefer as it is a lot more detailed.

i cant get vmp to pick up my cutter at all, not even for test cuts. and in sbe i can get it to send the file to teh cutter, but then it just plain wont cut.

ive got some jobs that i need to complete so any and all help please!~

not really wanting to make a long distance call, if i cant fix it soon i mite have to.

starting to think its PC troubles so i mite have to try my home pc sometime.

i presume they match, i cannot work out how to check the baud settings when im using lpt, but my cutter is set to 9600.

cutter.jpg

btw, im in australia ken

just trying serial and still no luck, changed baud rate to 4800 on software and cutter,  this is getting on my nerves, ive been paid for a job i cant even start ><

Set the Flow Contorl in Comm settings back to Hardware. Hook the USB cable up and verify which COM port it gets assigned in the Ports category of your Device Manager. Now set SignBlazer to communicate through that COM# instead of LPT1. You should be good.

ok, the usb just comes up with unknown device though, i dont have an adaptor and cant find one around here

farest ive gotten was with serial, and all i get is the output error message in sbe

Alright, do everything I suggested, but hook up the Serial cable and set the software to Blazer COM1 (if that is the COM# for your Serial port- verified in the Device Manager). Using the Serial cable that came with the cutter I hope?

yep ive done all that, i do have a serial cable, but its not the original i dont think it came with one, just a parrellel port lead.

this is the cluttered view of the com settings.

cutter2.jpg

Check the Use FIFO Buffers in advanced settings. If that does not help- it is the cable. All MH series cutters come with a Serial cable, so it is best to use the original. I belive it is a null mode serial cable, so if you use another one, it may not be null and also could be the cause of the issue.

being that i didnt get one i cant exactly use one that came with it, and its not working via LPT either, so i dont think it would be that

I dont have a uscutter or whatever they are but is there a driver that needs to be downloaded? did you check the other forum for help at the main site uscutter.com

145 views and only ken has some ideas no one else out there has a clue?

All of our MH series cutters made by Refine, come with a USB, Serial, and Parallel cable. Did you buy it used? I have extra cables here, and if we hit a dead end, we could ship you those to try.

I usually pay under $10 but more for longer than  10' . I get my cables on ebay...never disappointed.

current rate will cost me almost double that, but if it fixes the problem its worth it...

could it be the pc, it says that the ports are working, or rather doesnt say they arent, is there a way i could test them at all? hoping its not the cutters MB cus i only just replaced that

finally got my usb to serial lead, and it came with a disc.  install it the pl2303 or w/e but it still doesnt pick up the cutter. am i missing something?

the pc im now using doesnt have serial or lpt port, will that be an issue?

finally got my usb to serial lead, and it came with a disc.  install it the pl2303 or w/e but it still doesnt pick up the cutter. am i missing something?

the pc im now using doesnt have serial or lpt port, will that be an issue?

Should not be an issue. Which COM port is assigned to the Serial to USB cable when it is installed?

its not coming up at all. im getting a pci serial card soon god i hope that works. ive run out of ideas other than  the MB dying but i only just replaced that

update.

this still is not working. ive just got back the other comp i was using a while ago. it gets further then the comp i had. but all it gets to when i try to cut is the dreded. can not open output file blah blah.. ive checked all settings in the com settings, software and cutter. all the same, in bios the serial is set to auto.

thanks.